Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Super Isolette, Reala
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, thanks for the vote of confidence. Smile

Moira, maybe someday you will want to develop your own B&W film, and then again, maybe not.

If you do, I can send you some Arista Premium 400 film. Smile (You can't have the Kodak Gold 100 back, though. lol) Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing You would use it better than I ever could...I have a few rolls left just in case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , Bill !
1. Have checked the accuracy of the rangefinder ?
2. It's possible a scanning problem .The sharpness isn't as it should be . Check the holders try to scan again , or try wet scan , just to see what happends . Check the scan settings too .I don't think the film is the problem here. The pics look too soft ,the second is the softer , but the first (best )isn't as I think it should .
Keep on , don't give up ,I wait the next tests.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo, film was absolutely flat. I was metering for 80 and using shutter speeds of 1/15 @f11. With
shots like these, any camera shake will affect results. Faster film or using tripod and shutter release
cable would have tightened them up. Here's using a bit more sharpening and working with the
color balance:

I shot a BW roll before, and RF focusing is spot-on.

Last edited by Katastrofo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not bad Bill. C41 is tricky, I've done about a dozen rolls of 35mm C41 now, diy development and most of them were not good, so you're always at a disadvantage with C41 compared to E6 or BW.

It's a shame, I really like the images, if they were on Velvia those autumn colours would really pop.

In this case, i wouldn't blame yourself for any deficiencies, I think it's just C41 being somewhat variable in results.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the shots are great, especially #1.

Attila wrote:
+1 and distance shoot is pretty hard for C41 films always.

Hi Attila. I think I saw you mention this before, and as I shoot C41 almost exclusively, I was wondering what this means.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C41 isn't as sharp as E6 slide film so E6 is preferred for landscapes and distant shots where fine detail is important.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian and Skida, thanks, fellas. Next time, yes, definitely slide film. I had rolls of 120 Provia 100F in
the freezer, too, sheesh. But Velvia 50, tripod, and cable release, would have done the deed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's better ,Bill ! Laughing So, you had kinda low light there ... Laughing Have you cecked the accuracy of times ? I feel that my Isolette's long times aren't quite spot on .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo, I think the shutter speeds on mine are OK. If they had gotten slower, there would be
more light in these. Smile