Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

contax N mount: are they adaptable?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: contax N mount: are they adaptable? Reply with quote

two questions really:
1-are they adaptable to mirrorless systems?
2-are they adaptable to any nonmirrorless systems?

and i mean with an EXTERNAL adapter, not by changing mounts on the lens.

however, if anyone here changes N mounts, please let me know what you charge!
thanks
tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requires electronics work so there is only one company that does conversions:

http://conurus.com/index.php

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know at least three member on this forum who are make conversion, ZoneV, Hinnerker and Tri-Fox.

Adaptable for sure, but not economical to make adapter for a rare lens. Drop an email to my repair man. I sent his email in pm, he makes me custom adapters cost around 150 USD in my guess, you need to send lens first to him and may will not adaptable due electronic controlled aperture or similar issue. He made Altix, Werra , Contax RF adapter usually from broken body.Body mount can be also an issue in this case. He makes permanent conversion too.

Last edited by Attila on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs reprogramming of the electronics and I think some new circuitry, Conurus are the only ones who can do it, sadly, and it's very expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It needs reprogramming of the electronics and I think some new circuitry, Conurus are the only ones who can do it, sadly, and it's very expensive.

No way to left AF dead and use as manual lens ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, I think these lenses are focus by wire so you need to have the electronics in working order.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I cherish my low tech manual focus lenses. No gizmos to deal with.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:

Yup and a small electrical fault can render these Contax N lenses useless, as it can with all modern AF lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

Yup and a small electrical fault can render these Contax N lenses useless, as it can with all modern AF lenses.

Makers did learn from China, short life is most welcome feature. My father-in-low 85 yrs+ he has shoes at least 30 yrs old ones.
Last time I took out my 'Nike' shoes Made in China looks were genuine like others , 7 yrs rest and first use it is exploded on my feets Laughing luckily once I did reach targeted shopping center Evil or Very Mad and I could by another shoes. 'Modern' AF lenses has shameful built , some of them un-cleanable from fungus.. simple not open able.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read about Canon using sticky tape to hold the very expensive 1.2/50 L together I realised that build quality is totally out the window now, it's all cheap plastic junk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, very interesting. thanks for the info. if it demands new electronic circuitry, thats then foolish to deal with imo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Around $600.
Waiting time around 6 months.
Actually conurus is just one person, Bo Ming is the name if I'm not mistaken.