Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fun experiment: One roll, 10 cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Fun experiment: One roll, 10 cameras Reply with quote

Yeah, the title says it all. Take a photo, rewind, reload in another camera, and repeat. I did this with a 24-exposure roll of Foma 400 and ended up with 11 shots. I'll post the entire roll here since it's only 11 shots. And yes, these are all off the same roll. These were all shot wide-open, and the aperture below the image will indicate the aperture used.

Pentax KX, Sigma 50mm Macro 1:1. f2.8

Pentax KM, Tokina-EL 28mm. f2.8

Pentax K1000, kit 50mm 1:2. f2

Pentax H3V, kit Takumar 55mm. f1.8

Nikon F3, NAI 50mm 1:1.4. f1.4

Oops! A double exposure.
In the mirror: Canon AE-1 and kit 50mm 1:1.8. f1.8
Straight-on: Yashica Electro 35 GSN. f1.7

Oops! A partial double exposure.
One the left: Mamiya/Sekor DTL 1000, Focal 28mm (the el cheapo lens Focal, no less!). f2.8
On the right: Minolta SRT102, Celtic 50mm 1:1.8. f1.8

The Mamiya again, only I cropped out the Minolta and remembered to reverse the image. (This is part of the image above and I cut it out to use in the el cheapo lens challenge post for my portrait.)

Pentax Spotmatic SPII, Focal 28mm (el cheapor lens again!) f2.8

I missed my focus, but only by a hair! Ansco Memar. f3.5

Welta Welti. f2.9. That's not a misprint -- it is f2.9

This was a totally fun thing to do and I absolutely recommend it. Keeping the frames from overlapping was hard. I counted the advancement and then took the next frame with a one-frame lag. So after my first shot, I took the next shot at frame 3. And for the first three images, all taken with Pentax K bodies from the same production year (or thereabouts), the frames lined up almost perfectly. Then it all went haywire. But, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun!

Really like no.6 Very happy accident with that double exposure!