Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tominon E36 68mm on Sony A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: Tominon E36 68mm on Sony A7RII Reply with quote

First try. Compact lens for Noritsu Minilab.
This lens has a fixed aperture of approximately f/8, which can be removed (have to do this later).
Probably an interesting lens for focus stacking.

Click for full size:
TominonE36_68mmc151 by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, do you have a picture of the lens? I'm guessing there might be some information on this lens, then again maybe not..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggplant wrote:
Nice, do you have a picture of the lens? I'm guessing there might be some information on this lens, then again maybe not..

I’m not home at the moment, but i will add the picture later. Just look for Tominon E36 lenses, I couldn’t find anything on the 68mm specifically. But it seems to confirm what already has been established by other users of these lenses: very clean and sharp results.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
eggplant wrote:

I’m not home at the moment, but i will add the picture later. Just look for Tominon E36 lenses, I couldn’t find anything on the 68mm specifically. But it seems to confirm what already has been established by other users of these lenses: very clean and sharp results.

Great result - looks very good! Of course this one will be featured in my upcoming article on Tomioka lenses, so you'll hopefully find some more information about its interesting lens family there...

Some additional fun facts about this lens:

1.) It is usually only labelled E36C Japan 68 mm but while both Tomioka and Tominon are assumptions they still don't seem far-fetched overall, given the similarities to Tomioka labelled lenses in the series.

2.) This is the only focal length (at least of the E36 series) which I haven't seen any non-C version (with variable aperture) of yet. It's likely to exist, but still interesting, because I have looked around quite a bit. Perhaps Klaus has one?

3.) The closest of its 'sister-lenses' in terms of focal length are 64 mm on one and 71 on the other side, which might give you an idea how specialized these lenses were for their given application.

I've only taken two shots with this lens:

Some kind of hill figure? by simple.joy, on Flickr

Leapfrogging the competition... with sweetness! by simple.joy, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional info!