Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two lens - two camera solution
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Two lens - two camera solution Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think in these lines, but the idea is new to me so here we go: A small and light two camera, two lens combination that would fit into a small bag and do almost everything I need.

I was thinking that if I had an APS-C Sony NEX and a full frame Leica M camera and a 21mm and a 75mm lens, I would have a great setup.

By combining differently, I would have (in equivalent focal lenghts):

21mm, 32mm, 75mm and 112mm

The Leica 75/2 APO Summicron (if chosen) could even be used as quasi macro since it focuses close, and with a helicoid adapter on the NEX, even closer.

Would this work for you? What camera and lens combinations would you choose and why?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my NEX and the right adapters I generally choose a film camera / adapter that matches so I take all Minolta, all M42 or whatever lenses. It's easier on by back than carrying the Tair 300 and a Soligor 300 Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often use 2 camera and lens set ups for photography outings.
Seeing as the cameras I own are APS-C cameras being the K5 and K20 I don't really optimise the lenses to get the best out of different sensor sizes though. Common set ups for me are a wide and macro lens for the local botanical gardens as well as macro and long as in 500mm+ lens for going bush.
At some point I'd love to have a FF sensor for wides with the APS-C or smaller sensor for the longer lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually go out with some combo of two of the following: ricoh gxr m mount for portraits/street + fuji x100 35mm equivalent for landscape/pano/low light/travel + nikon v1 for telephoto (2.7 crop) + film cam.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, only this morning I decided on a small bag:

Cameras:

Kiev-II
Nex-3 (with Kiev adapter)

Lenses:

CZJ Sonnar 1.5/50
Jupiter-12 2.8/35
Jupiter-8 2/50
Helios-103 1.8/53
Jupiter-9 2/85
Jupiter-11 4/135

That covers everything I need apart from wides, for that I have to use my Hexanons and for that I carry a bigger bag including a Konica SLR body and a selection of Hexanon plus my NEX-3 with Konica adapter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Two lens - two camera solution Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:

I was thinking that if I had an APS-C Sony NEX and a full frame Leica M camera and a 21mm and a 75mm lens, I would have a great setup.

By combining differently, I would have (in equivalent focal lenghts):

21mm, 32mm, 75mm and 112mm

That's almost what I prefer at the moment, but with a a little closer FLs:

Leica M8 and NEX-7
Voigtländer Ultron 2/28 and Leica Summarit 2/50

(And the Super-Heliar 4.5/15 and the Elmar 4/90 would complement this set perfectly. If 4 lenses were allowed.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: NEX and OM-D two camera setup Reply with quote

After seeing what the Olympus OM-D is capable of I'm starting to think that I need (cough) one of these in addition to my Sony NEX-5N. The nex would handle shorter focal lenghts and the OM-D would do tele and macro.

I'm guessing that the Contax 100-300 200-300mm equivalent) would work very well with the image stabilization of the Olympus. And my Voigtländer 125/2.5 would make a very interesting stabilized 250mm equivalent 1:1 macro.

Having one APS-C and one 4/3 camera would really open up a lot of new possibilities.