Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fixing the Kodak Retinette 1A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Fixing the Kodak Retinette 1A Reply with quote

Today I've received the wrench spanners set from India.
They seem robust, and I've used two of them (they are three in the set) to fix the Retinette.

The problem with this camera was that the lens block was loose, and the plastic piece behind the lens was broken.

1. The lens ensemble is kept in place by a ring screw that is accesable from inside the camera body. I used the spanner with the smaller flat tips.

2. Once the ring out, the lens block gets free but for two cables (red and white) that run to the flash hot shoe. To disassemble the lens, they have to be unsoldered.

3. Below the lens there is a metal plate that covers the broken plastic base. To take it out, three screws on the surface.

4. Now that the broken plastic is on reach, some epoxy cement to fix it. Whilst the cement was drying I took the opportunity to open the top cover. I've seen water traces inside the camera, so I've to clean all the metallic elements. The copper ones were a little rusty and worn. I cleaned them with a small file.

5. And once the cement dry, all the way back to get the camera in proper useage.

That's all (again) folks!

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very interesting report! Good job!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean clever work, Jes!

Did you know that you can mount Retina lenses on the Canons? Well the adapter is not cheap... but would be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Clean clever work, Jes!

Did you know that you can mount Retina lenses on the Canons? Well the adapter is not cheap... but would be interesting.

Thanks, Orio and Carsten!.

No, I didn't... You mean these RF lenses?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Jes. I will buy some of those Indian tools.

Orio,
As far as I know, the only Retina ->EOS adapter is the one for the Retina IIIs/Reflex or Voit Bessamatic. 80GBP from Roxsan, iirc.