Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MF on Canon M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: MF on Canon M Reply with quote

The Canon M unfortunately has a touch screen which cannot be disabled. This tends to leave finicky users faffing around with involuntarily triggered settings instead of just having a centre spot meter and instant shutter release.

Otherwise it works, and is suitably small. It can take all manners of optical VFs if one does not need the screen at all.

I am trying to enclose an unsharpened but size-reduced JPG snap. Shadows\Highligts used in PS. It is a very high contrast scene with a CV 15 set at 5,6 plus its extreme corner in full size. Flaky net here, so if the upload fails, another post will follow.

The kitzoom is fine but its auto"features" makes it impossible to control without stabbing at the touchscreen and even then the camera does not like to release the shutter without forming its own opinion of where the focus plane should lie.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I glad I held off buying one of those things. I hate having to use my phone's touch screen to take pix with it. I think I'd go nuts if I had to do that with a camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some functions on my nex's touchscreen are handy: choosing where to focus (with AF lenses of course) via TS is really useful, especially during some kind of video shooting. For everything else please give me keys and knobs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On NEX cameras, in MF mode, you can also use the touch screen for magnification MF assist - quite handy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: touch screen Reply with quote

Focus point magnification is handy, but with a button, not through a screen. Unfortunately the focus point can easily move out to the edge of the frame and you may find that framing or focus is catastrophically wrong.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for some CV15 shots on the Canon M and couldn't find any, so thanks, and please post more!
Is there much color shift? As on my NEX-7 there is enough to make it annoying.