Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Orthostigmat 7/24cm on bellows_first test shoots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Orthostigmat 7/24cm on bellows_first test shoots Reply with quote

Hi,
Today was a nice sunny day so I took this beautiful brass lens for the first time for a quick walk...lens attached with P6 mount on bellows, all wide open (f7 Rolling Eyes ) and light PP:
my favourite lens test "subject" Very Happy :

and some boring bokeh test.....

and a test for landscape:

Not bad at all I think Very Happy .....

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Pascal, glorious!

What an amazing lens too. Sharp with the kind of bokeh weirdoes like me love! Very nice work Pascal. Shoot more!

Naturally, I want this lens!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks kram, I like also a lot the bokeh and I'm amazed with the sharpness of this oldy lens (probably 100 years old!).....
here a pict of the lens:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the landscape photo a lot. I don't know how to describe it. I like the mood and tone of the photos it produced t a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be quite some contraption for that focal length.
The results are great, so worth well the effort!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results.

Is the lens as heavy as it looks?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgous!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

kds315* wrote:
That must be quite some contraption for that focal length.
The results are great, so worth well the effort!

well, on bellows, no prb at all, can focus from about 1 meter to infinity!

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Great results.
Is the lens as heavy as it looks?

the lens is not so heavy (about 500g) but with adapter, bellows and cam, it's not realy anymore a light combo!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks omar & dragom...
and an other one from my daughter, I've tried some PP but not really sure about the result, C&C are welcome Smile ....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice! thanks for share...
last picture looks glamour, I like it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Iaza, I'm happy someone like it Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting bokeh and nice results you got here.
What kind of screw mount is this?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your com!
It's not a standard screw mount so it must be always adapted on the bellows with some steps rings or/and with some tape ....for this particularly lens, I use a PB6/Nikon mount because the lens fit it perfectly so it was quite an easy job Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait shots!

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal, i love the boring bokeh set pic!

and the bridge pic and the b&w shot

more more!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more autumn bokeh shots from today with this lens, it was a grey and rainy day so I have to post-processed a little bit but I really like the rendering from this "antique" lens Smile :

that one was from January with a nice sunny day:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP made them to excellent, simple subject but great images.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautiful piece of kit (the lens, not the model Rolling Eyes ) and some sweet results. Very Happy

You invited C&C on the last portrait...the only thing for me, I'd have employed some fill flash or, better still, a reflector to cancel out the shadow to the right of her nose. (as we are looking at it).
But that's a tiny issue. Wink
The lens appears to be a belter. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
PP made them to excellent, simple subject but great images.

Thanks Attila, quite a simple subject I must admit Embarassed ...I wish to have a beautiful model like you have for my test shoots Cool

SonicScot wrote:
That's a beautiful piece of kit (the lens, not the model Rolling Eyes ) and some sweet results. Very Happy

You invited C&C on the last portrait...the only thing for me, I'd have employed some fill flash or, better still, a reflector to cancel out the shadow to the right of her nose. (as we are looking at it).
But that's a tiny issue. Wink
The lens appears to be a belter. Cool

Thanks Garry that you took time to comment my pict, and you are right, the shadow is too much visible Confused ....Actually, I never use flash or other lighting equipment for my portraits ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunningly beautiful lens, a piece of history.
The results seem good to me especially considering that it's not coated! Surprised
I like the pose of the second portrait (in first one the pose is not ideal in my opinion) but I'm not sure about the grayscale.
I think I would prefer it in colour.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning lens. I couldn't believe to my eyes.

Agree with Orio about the pose and the balance of b/w portrait. I tried (hope you don't mind) to modify the grayscale a little bit......

Roby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Stunningly beautiful lens, a piece of history.
The results seem good to me especially considering that it's not coated! Surprised
I like the pose of the second portrait (in first one the pose is not ideal in my opinion) but I'm not sure about the grayscale.
I think I would prefer it in colour.

Thanks for your com Orio and agree with you about the first portrait of my daughter, I must say it was more a snapshot in order to test the lens and I was so amazed with that lens that I even did not mentioned that the pause was indeed far to be "ideal" and not really a natural posture Embarassed ....
rrkradio wrote:
Stunning lens. I couldn't believe to my eyes.

Agree with Orio about the pose and the balance of b/w portrait. I tried (hope you don't mind) to modify the grayscale a little bit......

Roby

Thanks also Roby for your com and no problem for the picture Wink
I like it, well done Wink ....my pict. conversion was indeed not really B&W but more light sepia ....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:

Thanks for your com Orio and agree with you about the first portrait of my daughter, I must say it was more a snapshot in order to test the lens and I was so amazed with that lens that I even did not mentioned that the pause was indeed far to be "ideal" and not really a natural posture Embarassed ....

It's not that bad Smile the body posture is ok, it's just the head that is oriented unnaturally.
And of course the eyes which are almost closed detract a lot. In the second image you can see the eyes, and as in 90% of portraits
eyes are what makes the difference, especially when they're beautiful eyes like those of your daughter - they seem to have an
eyeline contour around the pupil, that's amazing!