Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ tessar 40mm f4.5 T coated
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: CZ tessar 40mm f4.5 T coated Reply with quote

Today I won this lens. I think I paid to much for it but I'm ok with that this time. Anyway can anyone tell me something about it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that I am envious! Very Happy

Looking forward to your image samples. This is really a sexy lens.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought that lens for a friend in Spain.

But...I did NOT want to send it on. I took several shots with it, and it turns out to be DYNAMITE! Sad

Sort of similar in "feel" to Orio's 50/3.5.

It is a tiny little thing, and really beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like "Jimmy Walker" DYNOHMYYYTTAH!

Laughing Laughing
Wow! I'm stoked. It was one I had not seen before so I took the bait. I'm interested in how it stacks up. I found a Konica Hexanon 40 1.8 tessar that will be my first mechanical adaption. It will be cool to compare this CZ with my Contax and hopefully konica as well. The little contax one I have to admit is not such a pleasure for me to use. It is just to small for my brute fingers. Very nice image quality however. I used it a fair bit for B+W steet shooting on film. That lens mounted on a Contax Aria weighs less than a beer.
Cool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of getting this today (on eBay).. I didnt bid after $12, as I found out after bidding, it was not screw mount... And that went for $12.50.. (As i said earlier, The prices of eastern bloc lenses has started dropping on US eBay... And with Nikon DSLR sales jumping.. Nikon MF lenses prices has started going up)

But the condition was not anywhere near to you copy...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy
It looks very sexxxxy - and condition seems excellent from your pictures (I assume the glass and mechanics are all in equally good shape). I have the nikkor equivalent, whihc is I believe based on the tessar design - the tiny little 45/2.8. I love that lens for what it can do - it's especially great for architecture, but has sweet boke. Enjoy it

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite uncommon pretty rare ! I still don't have it Sad so if you don't want to keep please offer to me first. It was short time in production.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quite uncommon pretty rare ! I still don't have it so if you don't want to keep please offer to me first. It was short time in production.

I will remember you 1st for this one Attila. I will very likely keep it. This lens is the first one of my CZJ collection. I have some Meyer lenses Domiplan, Primoplan, and Trioplan. Also some other german lenses and cameras. But until now no CZJ so it will be hard to part with the first of surely many to come.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Don't expect much from this lens , this is collectible value. I really like to get some nice samples taken with this lens to mflenses.com/gallery.
You can find lot of CZJ lens samples in mflenses.com/gallery if you need advice ask me anytime.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've probably found this already but I figure I'll pass it along just in case: http://m42.artlimited.net/lens_detail.php?lid=55

The comment on the bottom seems to explain the somewhat odd focal length.

Hope this helps
~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thank you! Don't expect much from this lens , this is collectible value. I really like to get some nice samples taken with this lens to mflenses.com/gallery.
You can find lot of CZJ lens samples in mflenses.com/gallery if you need advice ask me anytime.

Thanks Attila. This one I was going to buy just from a "looks" aspect. I will take a series for the gallery with it. There are several other lenses that I have purchased over the winter. Now the weather is improving and the daylight lasts a bit longer. I can go out and shoot more. I will post samples from quite a few lenses that are not yet in the lens Gallery. You are free to use any of them please do. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Andy! I would like to get 5-6 MPX pictures to mflenses.com/gallery smaller pictures are not shows lens power really.
How about if I prepare an account to you at mflenses.com/gallery like for Patrick, Richard or Orio already have. You will able to upload your samples to own gallery and I will link them to the main site.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/mfl_club_members/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Send me a PM with any instructions I may need. You can look at my lens list and request samples as you need them. Give a couple days I will subtract and add some new ones this week.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! I will create your account and send to you access in pm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know man...I sort of "beg to differ" on the quality of the imagery from this lens. As I had indicated, the two shots I took with the lens truly had some "bokeh" that knocked me out!

My friend in Spain has sent me images of his family from the lens, and he is having a BALL with the lens for his kids, and also for a bit of landscape work. The images are CRACKLING good, at least from his particular lens. Not the sharpest corners in the world, but the overall personality of the lens with its three-dimensional characteristics is truly gorgeous.

In fact, I might still have some of those images on my hard drive somewhere...I'll go look later on.

Edit: I found some! I did not include any of his family, of course, even though they were better comps than these.

But even in these, there is that Zeiss personality! A sort of "dreamy" or "detached" feeling with the Zeiss lens.

GREAT wall details.

That Zeiss "dream" look...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone bookmarked the thread where I posted my Tessar 3.5/50 images from Castell'Arquato? I searched for it but doesn't come up, it must have been in the text search index that was deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the thread, but I think I have the images on my laptop at work. I have been occasionally going back to just look at them. Smile Do you want me to look, Orio?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations !
Its little similar with the Meyer's Primagon http://www.praktica-users.com/lens/mlenses/mpri4.5_35.html but it has a different optical formula but same number of glass/lenses.

http://captjack.exaktaphile.com/35primagon.jpg
http://captjack.exaktaphile.com/ZEISS40.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
I don't have the thread, but I think I have the images on my laptop at work. I have been occasionally going back to just look at them. Smile Do you want me to look, Orio?

No, thanks Laurence, I must have them too on the computers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused on how it was determined that the lens in the original post is T coated.
I just found one (m42) that has the Red "T" after the "40", which indicates T coating (serial 3834159), but I don't see that in the OP.

EDIT: SILLY ME and the lousy monitor I was viewing this on. I see it now. Mine is a close serial number!

PS... I would also like to differ on the lens quality.
a) Zeiss didn't make crap
b) the extremely slow aperture normally means that you are paid dividends in the color and contrast departments. There are a number of example on Flickr (from about 3 users) that also indicate that the lens is superb.

I'm going to consider it my manual focus Pentax Limited on my K-5.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never added pics to the gallery but if you'd like some 16mp examples with this lens ( after it arrives ) please provide me with access. Thanks!