Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica 40/1.8 dissasembly help wanted.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Konica 40/1.8 dissasembly help wanted. Reply with quote

I picked up another one of these puppies last week, unfortunately this one has a few specks of fungus on one of the center elements which I would rather get rid off.

Anyone got any tips and what I should look out for when cleaning this lens? Any hidden springs or sensitive fiddly parts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably glued lens tags, once I did try Konica 135mm to clean, I couldn't fungus was inside in glued parts Sad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Probably glued lens tags, once I did try Konica 135mm to clean, I couldn't fungus was inside in glued parts Sad

I'd leave it in the sun and see if that helped, but I haven't seen the sun for 15 months or something like that now.. Guess I need to get me one of those UV lamps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
Attila wrote:

I'd leave it in the sun and see if that helped, but I haven't seen the sun for 15 months or something like that now.. Guess I need to get me one of those UV lamps

Store it properly in dry boy , low humidity 30-50% and without caps to allow light to go throw , fungus will not grow for sure. Even if you cure it with UV lamp and kill fungus successively , if store is humid and dark fungus will come again.
http://forum.mflenses.com/storing-lenses-t812.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nisseliten wrote:
Attila wrote:

Store it properly in dry boy , low humidity 30-50% and without caps to allow light to go throw , fungus will not grow for sure. Even if you cure it with UV lamp and kill fungus successively , if store is humid and dark fungus will come again.

Sweden is actually rather spared from fungus, this is the first time I've seen it in a lens bought in Sweden. I just need to kill the damn thing Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
Attila wrote:
Nisseliten wrote:
Attila wrote:

Sweden is actually rather spared from fungus, this is the first time I've seen it in a lens bought in Sweden. I just need to kill the damn thing Smile

Cold weather help humidity to low for sure, but spores are everywhere even in Sweden once they found enough humid and dark place they will come sooner or later.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica 40/1.8 dissasembly help wanted. Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
I picked up another one of these puppies last week, unfortunately this one has a few specks of fungus on one of the center elements which I would rather get rid off.

Anyone got any tips and what I should look out for when cleaning this lens? Any hidden springs or sensitive fiddly parts?

It has been a number of months ago. But this is the easiest to work on lens I've ever refurbished. Disassembly is straightforward with very few "gotchas". One thing: the frontmost retainer is not threaded . . it is sort of a bayonet design. And it is plastic. You gently "unscrew" it until it just comes apart. I cannot recall the rest, but it was obvious.

I only have one of these 40mm lenses and it had a couple of very annoying internal specks. They were easily erradicated.

I went in from the front but still was able to reach and clean all the lens elements. I did not mess with the fiddly mechanical stuff in the rear of the lens. It was working fine mechanically and I left well enough alone. So it would be fair to say I merely cleaned my lens, to include all the elements, and did not actually refurbish everything.