Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 24mm/2.8 AF vs Canon EF 24/2.8 (first version) ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Sigma 24mm/2.8 AF vs Canon EF 24/2.8 (first version) ? Reply with quote

Does have somebody experience with these lenses ? The Sigma seems a rather good one and can be bought for much less than the EF 24/2.8 .But the difference is so big in IQ ? The sigma fits on the film EOS , and there I'd need a 24 compact prime for the APS IX and the EOS 50e .But I won't pay 150-250 E for the EF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard ever bad Sigma 24mm even oldest one are good, I did try Sigma made Quantaray 24mm Minolta Af lens , made nice pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the Mini-wide II, that lens has been much lauded.

No personal experience with it. Sigma made some real gems and some suckers.

You may find a review of the EF at kenrockwell maybe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the AF version of the Super-Wide II, it will be a good lens for EOS film cams.

Last edited by calvin83 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, they just made too many lenses. Ultra wide, mini wide, super wide .. One of them 24 or 28 was said to be spectacular and much sought-after. If you are cheap and 28mm are ok you could also try the 28-70 3.5-4.5 High Speed AF. A little underrated gem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Super-wide II Macro 24mm 2.8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sigma back then must have known they made a VG MF lens i.e. 24mm f2.8 superwide II, and I'd be surprised if they changed the optics and made a different AF lens that was inferior.

BTW I only have the MF one and it's excellent.