Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 300mm F5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 300mm F5.6 Reply with quote

Just a few test shoots from balcony (2nd storey), hand-held, wide-open at 5.6 without any post-processing just resizing in IrfanView.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good result! All old first series Tamron lens what I seen was pretty good you do confirm it! Can you show picture from lens itself ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual problem with this lens is a bit of red fringing and some CA.
How much you see depends on the sensor I think. I have none visible on my Pentax K100D, and some on my K-x
It would be considerably worse I think on a truly high density sensor like an OM-D.
To test you will need precise focus on a well lit object, and get a 1:1 view.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Taken with Pen E-PL1 / Nikon AF 50mm F1.8 stopped at 2.8 Reply with quote

Here are the pictures of the lens itself:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The usual problem with this lens is a bit of red fringing and some CA.
How much you see depends on the sensor I think. I have none visible on my Pentax K100D, and some on my K-x
It would be considerably worse I think on a truly high density sensor like an OM-D.
To test you will need precise focus on a well lit object, and get a 1:1 view.

I hope that focus is good enough while I didn't get my tripod out of the car. Taken hand-held with help of balcony railing, Sun behind me...

No PP at all - straight out of the camera...

Crop 1:1

Crop 1:1