Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 21mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 21mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Sony Nex 5n
front

side with adapter

side by side with helios 44-2

wide open

wide open

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A superb lens ! congrats! I have same adapter and lens Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila. It is superb. The person I bought it from said she never used it. It still had paper wrapped around it in it's case. I also got a T3, a 50 1.7, and a zoom, all in mint condition. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens was I think terrible expensive at production time, very hard to find and all MINT if you find any I think rich amateurs bought them and due $$$$ lenses they did care much about may take out only at Christmas Laughing We are so lucky to have it. Enjoy and care about just like genuine owner.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very rare and special lens. Congratulations on your find and please post a lot of pictures Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to join the queue of jealous Konica fans. Very nice find! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
A very rare and special lens. Congratulations on your find and please post a lot of pictures Smile

Thanks! Here is a self portrait. I stood less than a meter away from front of lens. The shot is cropped.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have it. It took a while to track down. I'm actually torn between selling it or keeping it (I also have the Contax G 21). It's less sharp than the Contax, but more consistent across the field. One thing I've noticed is its field curvature. It is very pronounced. Would you agree?

A pic:

Xavier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llumiombres wrote:
I also have it. It took a while to track down. I'm actually torn between selling it or keeping it (I also have the Contax G 21). It's less sharp than the Contax, but more consistent across the field. One thing I've noticed is its field curvature. It is very pronounced. Would you agree?
Xavier

Hi Xavier, I've only noticed the field curvature in one shot that I took; of a very tall street light. I need to play around some more with it, but yes, on certain shots it (at least one) it was there. But it was/is a corrected lens, however I suspect that it is not on par with Zeiss lenses of that focal length. I do plan on doing some tests to find out where and when the distortion takes place. If you do sell your lens I would interested in the price you get for it. It is such a rare one that I haven't found any kind of reference to monetary value.

...and very lovely photo, btw. Nice colors and composition!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, it's quite likely that I don't sell it. At least, not until SONY or whoever else brings us a mirrorless FF. I want to know whether this one would be usable (being an SLR lens) as opposed to the rangefinder lenses, which could have horrible colour shift. So I'll hang on to it for a while longer and we'll see…

As for the field curvature, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, necessarily, because for closer stuff it isolates the subject better. However, for landscape… well, it's not so nice. And I'm not talking about distorsion here, but that the focus plane is not, well, flat, but rather that it is bent. Check this out for a better definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petzval_field_curvature. Apologies if I'm stating something very obvious…
Oh, about the pic, thanks so much!

Xavier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llumiombres wrote:
And I'm not talking about distorsion here, but that the focus plane is not, well, flat, but rather that it is bent.
Xavier

Yes, thanks for that. I think you're right. But I hadn't noticed on "landscape" shots, just on the straight up/down of a street light pole. So, it is there. I haven't used wide angles much so I'm not an expert on all the possible problems that I read that occur. I do like this lens, though. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shot of the boats is very nice. Great Lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really seems to be a very nice lens! Congratulations.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like self portrait , well done!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like this Hexanon lens but the Canon FDn 20mm is about 1/3rd of the price on the bay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does this Hexanon lens go for on ebay?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is not so much paying for it (it really depends on your luck), but finding one. They're really scarce… I guess you can budget about 400-450€ for it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that would still be cheap. You will find one on eBay maybe once a year or so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
what does this Hexanon lens go for on ebay?

About $600. I could find only one that's been listed, though. I'm anxious to try it on a full frame, so I've loaded the T3 with film. Very Happy \...and thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony Nex 5n, f4, 1/10th second, ISO 200, tripod used

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot. looks like a good, if costly, lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's costly for two good reasons:

1) It's so rare that you rarely find one for sale Smile
2) It's a rare pleasure to use such a fine lens

And I'm not kidding, this lens rocks Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
It's costly for two good reasons:

1) It's so rare that you rarely find one for sale Smile
2) It's a rare pleasure to use such a fine lens

And I'm not kidding, this lens rocks Exclamation

I said it was costly, I didnt say it wasnt worth the cost!
I feel the same way about my SMC Pentax-K 20/4 but it
only cost me $350.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to be funny, I didn't intend to insult you, sorry if I did. Here's a sample:

It really is great...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Yacht.

I adore my copy of the earlier 4/21 Hexanon, it's great on NEX or film. I use it a lot on both, it's possibly my favourite lens to use on 35mm film.