Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pisa and Marina Superpan 200 film (pushed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Pisa and Marina Superpan 200 film (pushed) Reply with quote

These come from a roll of Rollei Superpan 200 pushed to 800 in TMax developer in order to make up for my
exposure mistakes (forgot the camera on fixed 1/2000 sec. shutter time...) Rolling Eyes
I could salvage about half of the roll... as you can see, as a result of pushed development noise is high and
detail was lost at both ends of the histogram.
Zeiss Ikon camera, various lenses (mostly Snapshot-Skopar)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For obvious reasons they have that "old time" feel. A treat

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
For obvious reasons they have that "old time" feel. A treat

+1

Still sharp and the grain adds a nice feel. The shots are great too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The TMax developer did a good job with this difficult task. It is a costly developer, but worth the cost.
I am still left with the curiosity of testing this film in normal condition. It appears it might be a good film.
The superpanchromatic character makes it interesting for photographing people.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, really like the first! This is much better than getting a handful
of bull-puckie like I have on occasion. Smile

Really like 11, too

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics have evening glow about them ...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good series. I love this film.

Except the massive grain the developer made a better job than I expected

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the difficulties, the pics turned out with a certain period feel. Grain was 'in' in the 60s Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I am happy to have salvaged this roll because I knew there were some good takes in it.
From some of the takes (notably #1 and #3 and a couple of others) I was expecting a lot also before developing,
because the light was so good when I took them.
Other shots instead were a surprise, especially the backlight shots #6 and #11 were a pleasant surprise. I expected
very contrasted images, instead they turned out just about right and the moderate flaring adds to them instead of subtracting.
Too bad only for the sunray streak in #11 falling on a bad spot.
Sometimes I wonder how such shots would turn out if I could use a Biogon 25.
In general, I must remember to shoot backlight more with film. I recently grew basically avoiding backlight takes, because backlight looks terrible on digital.
On film, it's another story.