Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I always wanted an ELMAR T!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: I always wanted an ELMAR T! Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAREST-MISSING-LETTER-LEICA-ELMARIT-R-135mm-f2-8-FOR-CANON-NIKON-NEX-PEN-/271083779875?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f1dda3723

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Hard to imagine how one character miss from there , probably fake this one come to my mind first.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice find! Hard to imagine how one character miss from there , probably fake this one come to my mind first.

I doubt that. It's hard to fake this, I should think. And why fake such a mundane lens?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this suggest Leitz quality control is not as great as the marketing says? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Does this suggest Leitz quality control is not as great as the marketing says? Wink

I think this is easy enough to explain! I believe these are Bierfehler!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens come from Israel , not place of trust... why fake , to fetch higher price as rarity. I think in factory name plate make at one step with a special tool. Not hand print each one by man like old time serial numbers, I not see how can one letter is missing, perhaps just manipulated pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Lens come from Israel , not place of trust... why fake , to fetch higher price as rarity. I think in factory name plate make at one step with a special tool. Not hand print each one by man like old time serial numbers, I not see how can one letter is missing, perhaps just manipulated pictures.

Seller has 99.8% positive feedback. I do not suspect him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
Attila wrote:

Seller has 99.8% positive feedback. I do not suspect him.

Sellers buy stuff and not expert at every area, they can sell fake even without know it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a modern CNC machine a new ring with the miss-spelling would be easy, especially if the factory was already making similar products.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Walmart !

New Chinese made Leica hit the market ?! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEWARE!!! this seller XRSONYA is a cheat and a scamster.

Look what he did to me, him as a buyer -> http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=28940&start=15

edited to include sellers name in the post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn , sorry to hear Hari.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I never got so angry with anybody ... this guy is the limit!

imagine losing the equipment and the money to him and then seeing him sell your equipment on ebay and you're helpless because to ebay, the buyer is king!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
Attila wrote:

I never got so angry with anybody ... this guy is the limit!

imagine losing the equipment and the money to him and then seeing him sell your equipment on ebay and you're helpless because to ebay, the buyer is king!!!

Yes, hard to find more rotten guy than this one, I thought at first time once I see missing letter from lens, something is not right and you did confirm it well. Your story exactly shows what is terrible wrong with Ebay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that Attila is phenomenal in sniffing out scammers. To me Walmarit, Elmar T or El mart is not worth more than Elmarit, but superficially the story of rare Leitz gaffe looked plausible. Now after Hari's message I am absolutely convinced that they simply machined a new ring and put it on a "cheap" lens to improve the value.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the story of a missing I is really suspicious. It would be astonishing that an engraver would miss the I in the first place, even more astonishing that letters would be filled in if the I was missing - and unbelievably astonishing that it'd be allowed to leave the Leitz factory like that. I might buy this story on an Argus, but it is far too wacky for a Leitz product. German quality control would never let something like that slip by even if the engraver didn't notice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
I think the story of a missing I is really suspicious. It would be astonishing that an engraver would miss the I in the first place, even more astonishing that letters would be filled in if the I was missing - and unbelievably astonishing that it'd be allowed to leave the Leitz factory like that. I might buy this story on an Argus, but it is far too wacky for a Leitz product. German quality control would never let something like that slip by even if the engraver didn't notice.

It's interesting any way you look at it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Angenieux 28/3.5 engraved with Rrance instead of France would that be a fake?Although the engraving is on the barrel not the name ring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality of the white painting in the name ring is not as good as other copies so this one must be made in a secret factory! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear Hari's story. but thanks for warning us. I watched his item in past. glad I didnt buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
BEWARE!!! this seller XRSONYA is a cheat and a scamster.

Look what he did to me, him as a buyer -> http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=28940&start=15

edited to include sellers name in the post

Heh. I sent him a question asking if he was still lying cheating scum.

edit.
And he replied...
"how dare you to call me names like you did? you don't know me..rot in hell."

Frankly, I'm quite glad I don't know him and it will be a long time he will have in hell for ripping people off.