Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vespa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Vespa Reply with quote

I hope you like it, this is my favorite motorbike Smile

Yashica FX-3 Super 2000
Contax Planar T* 1,7/50 AEJ
Kodak Tri-X 400 @ 200
Kodak D-76 Stock @ [20º C - 10 min]
Epson V200

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot....in the past I always preferred the Lambretta for travelling to work (can't remember why Laughing ). Also in the UK they are called a "Scooter"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Nice shot....in the past I always preferred the Lambretta for travelling to work (can't remember why Laughing ).

In Italy in the 40s 50s and 60s the Vespa and Lambretta were socially connoted. Smile The Vespa was the scooter of the middle class and rich boys,
while the Lambretta was the scooter of the working class. In fact, Many workers could not afford a car until the economy "boom" of the 60s,
so in the 40s and 50s the Lambretta and the bicycle were their only means of transportation (even with rain, snow, etc.) Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Nice shot....in the past I always preferred the Lambretta for travelling to work (can't remember why Laughing ).

In Italy in the 40s 50s and 60s the Vespa and Lambretta were socially connoted. Smile The Vespa was the scooter of the middle class and rich boys,
while the Lambretta was the scooter of the working class. In fact, Many workers could not afford a car until the economy "boom" of the 60s,
so in the 40s and 50s the Lambretta and the bicycle were their only means of transportation (even with rain, snow, etc.) Smile.

Well I had a Yamaha scooter for a few years but I had to sell it as I kept falling off Embarassed

Nice shot by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful shot, very well done and very classic looking machine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot - Just the right amount of detail for us to imagine the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! In 1960s one of us kids got a worn-out junker for $5, we got it to 'run' & had a lot of fun until it wore out completely a few days later. Wink Nice machines. I understand why it is favorite. Especial now what, 200 miles per gallon?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!
But in the time that they were popupair here we called them riding toilets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he, he, he Laughing

Thanks for comments!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely.
This just remembered me that I have a 1973 50 special in my garage that needs some restoring.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot! My favorite motorbike also. Smile
I had red Vespa Primavera eighties and I miss it every spring, but here at Finland the Vespa season (summer) is just too short.. Sad