Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Polypan 50, Konica FT-1, Hexanon 1.4/57, Fomadon LQN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Polypan 50, Konica FT-1, Hexanon 1.4/57, Fomadon LQN Reply with quote

Short test roll to see how this film/dev combo works. Just before sunset, exposures were of the order of f4 1/60 so it was getting dark.

Seems very successful, grain and sharpness are both great and the tonality is good.

Seems this film lacks an anti-halation layer, so the info about it being Pan F 50 emulsion on a thin polyester base seems accurate. Dries nice and flat unlike pukka Ilford.

First time trying this lens, it seems excellent to me, as good as the later 1.4/50 but the bokeh and overall rendering is different, this one has more of a vintage look.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent indeed! I like especially short distance shoots.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, glad it works well with the LQN as I have lots of LQN and 150m of this film to play with. I'm gonna have fun with this combo I think. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Look forward more!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, nicer to work with proper BW film than the Kodak movie stuff for many subjects. Let's just hope this winter isn't too cruel as far as light is concerned.