Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian lens jackpot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Russian lens jackpot Reply with quote

I'm in Moscow and just made a super deal on several table top tripods and a trio of lenses in M42 mount: Mir 1B, Jupiter 9 and Industar 61 L/Z MC (the 50/2.8 with macro capabilities and close focus of 50mm). The glass seems quite clear on all of them but I don't have my camera and adapters to test with. But the lot was so cheap (from a guy getting rid of his dad's old stuff) that I thought it was definitely worth the risk.

Can't wait to try them out when I get back to the States.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Every time I am in Moscow I buy some Russian lens Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz! Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for a nice set! If the lenses are in a fine state of conservation, you have no worry about adapters. They will surely fit. I grasp well your joy of a treasure hunter!

Just a curiosity, when you say super deal, do you mean smth like 30 dolalrs for each lens?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to love the Industar 61LZ.Here a couple of shots with this lens on Sony a6000.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love such stories!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

[great shots Chris!!!]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks klaus....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Congratulations for a nice set! If the lenses are in a fine state of conservation, you have no worry about adapters. They will surely fit. I grasp well your joy of a treasure hunter!

Just a curiosity, when you say super deal, do you mean smth like 30 dolalrs for each lens?

I think the Jupiter 9 may need to opened and cleaned as the aperture is very sticky. The others look good and the three tripods all work. Total was $50 for everything including a bunch of filters and a teleconverter that doesn't seem to belong. Maybe Pentax K mount? They all come in clear lens cases. Even if the J9 is bad, it was still worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is an extremely good deal! A Jupiter 9 alone with problems is normally sold more expensive.

Have a good use of your acquisitions!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real chance to take good pics with the lenses yet, but I couldn't resist doing a quick test of the Industar 61 LZ macro. So far looks promising and reminds me of the Takumar 50/4 macro. At least it doesn't seem defective unlike the J9 which will need fiddling with the aperture blades.

100% crop from a toy pic. Shot wide open and handheld, indoor light.

original photo resized and white balance adjusted