Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 50mm f4 zebra long expired slide
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 50mm f4 zebra long expired slide Reply with quote

Slide is pretty terrible almost no other colors on it than magenta Smile with PP did come out pretty nicely.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came out excellent! Pentacon Six?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Came out excellent! Pentacon Six?

Yes, Pentacon Six, lens is Larry property, I would try it before I ship to him with slide, just to be sure it is fine. I did forgot this is not ordinary test and I used expired film Embarassed So we can sure only lens is excellent sharp with plenty of details, but no idea about real color reproduction. I think it will be fine lens is one of the latest so coating is probably same than on MC lenses.

Last edited by Attila on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Laurence will put it to good use, chasing wood nymphs in the Olympic Peninsula Rain Forest. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I'm sure Laurence will put it to good use, chasing wood nymphs in the Olympic Peninsula Rain Forest. Wink Smile

Laughing I hope so!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result came out very nice!
I wouldn't care much about the coating, even the early 50/4 Zebras are very good.
My one looked even uncoated but I never had a contrast problem (I always used a hood though).

Bye the way my Epson V500 generally tends to give many of my slides a slight to strong magenta cast, even with fresh slide film, while I can't see any with my eyes and I don't have any color problems with C41 film.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good result !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same experience with Epson notorius magenta caster at darker areas if I remember well it is happen with Fuji film only, fresh Kodakchrome not. With fresh film or little expired no big deal to remove it in PP, long expired much harder , but mostly okay too.
It is nice to know even earliest one has no issue with colors, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 50mm f4 zebra long expired sli Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Slide is pretty terrible almost no other colors on it than magenta Smile with PP did come out pretty nicely.

Looks like the lens itself is very good, though! Smile Thank you for testing the lens.
I don't think I paid for the lens yet? Could you give me a price plus shipping, and I'll send via Paypal.
THANKS again!
Larry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did already, I will send out your lens within a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You did already, I will send out your lens within a few days.

GREAT Attila! If the postage exceeds what I sent, please let me know so we can stay even on this. I SO appreciate this.

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

medium format is simply medium format!

35mm can't beat this !

tf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
medium format is simply medium format!

35mm can't beat this !

tf

Yes, indeed.