Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 70-210 f3.5 [property of my_photography]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 70-210 f3.5 [property of my_photography] Reply with quote

Hi

I have finally finished this lens. The lens had Canon FD mount and has EF mount.

This lens belongs to our member: my_photography

That's been an unbelievable torture! I have never had so many issues with any lens before like with this one.

My summary below is very easy:

1 - OPTICALLY - this lens is a beast. It's fantastic lens - great colours, sharpness, very unique fingerprint.
2 - MECHANICS and DESIGN -- TOTAL and ABSOLUTE DISASTER!!! I mean in ALL ASPECTS.

I know the lens UPSIDE DOWN and the way how it was built is very bad
I think that designers at Angenieux realised that they made absolutely something wrong and tried to improve a few parts of it.

I have got also Angenieux 70-210 f3.5 (original mount was FD) converted to EF mount and there are few differences between my_photography's copy and my copy.

Anyway - a few samples taken with the lens. PP - LightRoom, Photoshop.

It's a fantastic glass.
It's ANGENIEUX Wink

1. - wide open = f3.5

2. - wide open = f3.5, infinity test at 70mm,

3. - wide open = f3.5, infinity test at 210mm

4. - wide open = f3.5

5. - f5.6

6. - wide open = f3.5

7. - wide open = f3.5

8. - f5.6

9. - f5.6

10. - f5.6

11 - f5.6

Please, let me know about colours - I have no calibration on my computer. I have got only what system offers.

Thanks

tf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. disaster in MECHANICS and DESIGN....Very Happy Thanks for warning us LOL

Colors are lovely. I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite lens ever Very Happy ...Mine has no issue with mechanics but may be I'm just lucky!
Colors are perfectly natural, at least on my screen, may be just a little bit lack of contrast?!
Anyway, congrats with the conversion and congrats to my_photography Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Wow.. disaster in MECHANICS and DESIGN....Very Happy Thanks for warning us LOL.

Trifox has already converted another lens also FD mount before this but seems like this copy was "slightly" different. I am sure he can tell you horror story about this. I can imagine he had many sleepless night trying to figure out how to solve those issues. Thanks again Stan.

pich900 wrote:

Anyway, congrats with the conversion and congrats to my_photography

Without you, Pascal, I will not even have gotten the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Angenieux 70-210/3.5 Nikon Reply with quote

Angenieux 70-210mm f3.5 Nikon (taken with D600).

Last edited by cellotone on Sun May 18, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens can do much better than this, sorry, but it is out of focus Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The noise reduction has caused havoc with that picture Sad Lovely reds in the image though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
That lens can do much better than this, sorry, but it is out of focus :wink:

I thought the focus point is on the center of the flower (the top rose). It was taken at f3.5, wide open, the DOF is narrow.

Here're some of my test shots, I need to learn this lens (Oops, hope I loaded pictures in a right place, just got the lens very excited). :)

F3.5 wide open: (JPG, straight from camera)

Last edited by cellotone on Sun May 18, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 4 times in total