Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Isolette II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Agfa Isolette II Reply with quote

I found a very clean looking copy of this camera in a local charity shop for £12.50. The self timer doesn't seem to work, but everything else looks OK. The focus didn't want to move at first but is now rotating OK if a little stiff. I assume that the grease had gone a bit solid. I have loaded it with a roll of Kodak Tri-X and we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed... Very Happy

K.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you luck! Have you checked the bellows? They often have pinoles Sad
The grease is sometimes sofar degraded that you have to clean shutter and focusing first with ronsonol to get things moving.
So yours is not too bad. Smile
If everything works it is a nice shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed too. Very Happy

Very good new when an old machine is working again.

When you use him, sure will smile. We will too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lens has it got?

I've an Isolette ii with Apotar lens; it's pretty sharp. It's one of my most-used cameras.

If the body is pitted, a glass fibre eraser pen brings it up as good as new.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Wish you luck! Have you checked the bellows? They often have pinoles Sad
The grease is sometimes sofar degraded that you have to clean shutter and focusing first with ronsonol to get things moving.
So yours is not too bad. Smile
If everything works it is a nice shooter.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
What lens has it got?

I've an Isolette ii with Apotar lens; it's pretty sharp. It's one of my most-used cameras.

If the body is pitted, a glass fibre eraser pen brings it up as good as new.

It is the cheaper model with the Agnar lens and the Pronto shutter. Seems to work OK although I haven't tested the shutter speeds. I'll find out if there are any problems when I finish this roll of Tri-X. The body is in very nice condition indeed, no pitting at all.

I have a few "guess finder" cameras now. Can anyone recommend a shoe-mounted rangefinder with a scale in meters? I looked on ebay last night and the cheaper ones were in feet. The ones in meters were all Leica/Leitz and cost twenty-times the camera! I'm not much good at guessing distances, too much time using an SLR.

Thanks, Kris.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Medis and the Watameter are both Imperial, and damn proud of it - no monkeymeters around here !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Pollux, Watameter and Voigtländer. Nice and cheap.
The latter looks best. The Pollux needs some new leatherette.
But the Watameter is a luxury version, meters beautifully mirrored inside, metering from 0.55m!
Found in the local shrift store in neat leather case for € 3.50. I forgot to haggle. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your new cam , Kris !
It's a beautiful little camera ! It can be seductive , but ,like all the divas , can give you some headaches , until you learn how to keep the situation under control .
Firstly , fix the distance , allways, because you can forget this , when you fiddle with the aperture setting / shutter setting / cocking the shutter / winding the film in the right position (attention , allways look carefully to see the number of the frame in the red window on back of the camera)/ kinda composing / pressing the shutter .
Can drive you nuts , or can fall in love forever with this one !
For the beginning I tried to use my Kiev 3a as rangefinder , but I ordered a russian Blik on the net (18-20 E) .I'll let you know if I throwed the money on the window or not ,but i think you can find some cheaper in UK (don't know if in meters ).
I'll try to develop my films the next week. Curious if I got something .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
My Medis and the Watameter are both Imperial, and damn proud of it - no monkeymeters around here !
+1 I have a few of these.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lovely old Pullin (Imperial) which is a joy to use - really needs to be more accuratized though, as it gets more inaccurate with distance. Not really a problem if I'm shooting at f:8 or narrower.