Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 300mm F5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 300mm F5.6 Reply with quote

Just some quick shots, it was already getting dark.

first 2 at f5.6, last 2 at f8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks to produce very decent IQ Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots, seems like a nice lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results here. Seems to be a good counter part
to your Tair Phs. Regards Cliff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed.
Hard to understand why Yashica lenses have been overlooked for so long.
Yours is excellent.
Thank you
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really nice. I was looking at the Yashica 100-300 ML lens. I wonder if it has IQ that's close. You always provide beautiful samples.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for watching and commenting

I don't have experience with the 100-300 ML

It is definitely a lot smaller and easier in use than the tair (I will add a picture of the two side by side soon) but f5,6 isn't very fast for a 300 mm

It also has a MFD of 4,5 meters which I think is not so good. Can I put a tube in between to shorten the MFD to about 3 meters? How long should that tube then be? Is there a way to calculate this because I have wondered the same thing for other lenses. I don't want to go buy tubes at random Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen, personally I think the purchase of of macro tubes in order to shorten your mfd might be expensive. You will need contax/yashinon bayonet tubes. If you want to put the lens on your Nikon slr then my suggestion is to mount the Contax/Yashica to Nikon adapter to the lens and if you probably possess Nikon macrotubes mount the smalllest between your adapter and your Nikon slr body. Regards, Cliff.