Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Surfer silhuette
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Surfer silhuette Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea and the framing, but that great big burnt-out white area is blinding on my too-bright monitor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
I had some problems to keep details in the hightlights due this bug http://forum.mflenses.com/lightroom-export-often-looses-quality-t51995.html in Lightroom.
Now after upgrading to Lightroom 4 the issues is gone; maybe I should spend some time and search for the original file and export it again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have preferred the figure to be off-centre?

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... grand! I'd say almost epic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another version I made at the same time, surfer not centered and much more detail.

I personally still prefer the first one Smile What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 2nd one it gives the impression of depth,loneliness...and I like the details in the sand and sky. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like the 2nd one it gives the impression of depth,loneliness...and I like the details in the sand and sky. Cool

+1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 - almost as I envisioned from the first one

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also prefer the first one, but both a epic.
I wish I managed to take pictures like this Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bottom half of the first and top of the second. I suggest opening them in the same file stacked as two layers. Put the first image on top. Selectively erase the sky until the two are merged. Flatten the layers, and have a bang-on third version.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second one is better imo. I think it'd be even better if you selectively made the bottom darker as in #1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically the second may be better but I like the first one for some reason. It has more atmosphere. But I agree some combination of both could be a killer image!

I too agree- would like to take a pic like this one day!