Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor 65mm and 180mm TLR lens disassembly help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor 65mm and 180mm TLR lens disassembly help Reply with quote

Hi!

Bought a Mamiya C220 over the weekend, to get into medium format.
It came with two lenses - the 65mm f/3.5 and the 180 Super f/4.5.
While they aren't very bad, they have a small hint of fungus around the edge I would like to clean.

I've already unscrewed the front and rear groups, giving me access to the shutter (that has a bit of oil, going to clean it also).

I want to take apart the front group but having difficulty.
Does anybody know how to undo it? Is it from the inside with a rubber stopper (#1 in the picture), or from the outside (#2 in the picture)?

I've spent hours looking for info on this but found nothing that helped.
The closest I got was a scheme for the older 80mm f/2.8, which is different.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

No one here answered, but a very helpful member from photo.net pointed me the right way, so I'll leave my progress in this thread, in case someone ever wants to take this lens apart for cleaning.
Here is the my flickr album showing the disassembly:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soundsk/sets/72157631644580668/

I'll keep adding to it, as I'm going along. I'll try to clean the lenses and shutter tomorrow, if all goes well.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all done. Cleaned the shutter and all the lenses, put back together and compared focus between both lenses. All images and service manual pages are in the flickr album posted above.

#3 por soundsk, no Flickr

Shutter Blades cleaning por soundsk, no Flickr

Clean and assembled, ready to shoot!! por soundsk, no Flickr

Testing focus... por soundsk, no Flickr

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, these TLR lenses look more difficult than they actually are, your pictures help a lot.

I like your Flickr stream as well Jose, you have many fine pictures there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the kind words, after having seen your jaw-dropping flickr galleries, they mean a lot! Very Happy

Cheers!