Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron adaptall 24mm f2.5 (all versions)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Tamron adaptall 24mm f2.5 (all versions) Reply with quote

The adaptall 24mm f2.5 comes in 3 incarnations:

1. The metal 1st gen adaptall CW24 with crinkle rubber grips, nameplate and A-M switch.
  2. The metal adaptall-2 01B with fine square-dot rubber grips, no nameplate, distinctive flat front end.
  3. The metal and plastic late version 01BB. Slimmed down barrel, larger square-dot rubber grip, perspex window over the distance scale.

The pic shows the two later versions (you can see the cw24 described here ). The optics are unchanged in terms of elements/groups betwen the versions. One small point to be aware of is that using a hood on the 01B can prevent the lens focussing to infinity.

These pics using a pentax K3-ii and a PKA mount, jpg's exported from LR3.6. All 01B except #10 - 01BB. Click on the image to open in a new window with better resolution.

#4 Stacks of fishing gear on the quay made for interesting patterns and textures.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool shots, Marcus. That's a very picturesque community in which you live.

I own an 01BB and I've tested mine against my Nikon 24mm f/2.8 -- I think it's AI, might be AIs. Anyway, I found that my Tamron actually had a slight sharpness edge over the Nikon at all aperture settings, plus it doesn't have the Nikon's bad characteristic of blurry corners. Ask me, the 01BB was mislabeled. It should be the SP 01BB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1