Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Original Collaboration...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: An Original Collaboration... Reply with quote

A friend approached me to help them with an assignment he had to perform for WAAPA. He had to collaborate with a visual artist to create an original creation for performance. My friend Rhys created the audio and asked me to make a video to go with it, comprising of stills and video. This is what I came up with for him. It is supposed to be a kind of post apocalyptic look back on urban decay being reclaimed by nature.
I hope you guys enjoy. Smile

http://vimeo.com/43023746

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: An Original Collaboration... Reply with quote

Hood wrote:

I did enjoy it quite a bit. The only thing that I didn't like were inclusions with vertical blue and white stripes. IMHO they are a stylistic mismatch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: An Original Collaboration... Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Hood wrote:

I did enjoy it quite a bit. The only thing that I didn't like were inclusions with vertical blue and white stripes. IMHO they are a stylistic mismatch.

Thank you for taking the time to watch.... the blue and white was supposed to look like the video feed was glitching, like the glitch noise was happening in the audio track. Notice they sync up? As it is a future looking back on our post apocalyptic world being reclaimed by nature, I used the blue white as that is what you get when you get a Windows Screen of Death on your PC. So I thought it appropriate to use this for the glitches. Each to their own I guess. This is what makes art great. It is up to our own interpretation. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, the video track lies on the music really well.
The only thing I found slightly out of place were some of the transitions used, that look too ECG: in some cases, probably, a simple crossfade would have done the job better.
But it's just a detail, with little or no impact on the final enjoyability (?) of the video.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right.
I was trying to jazz it up a little and prob. used a few transitions that were maybe not the best suited.
Thankyou for your C&C. Very Happy