Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KONICA HEXANON AR 28/3,5 AE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: KONICA HEXANON AR 28/3,5 AE Reply with quote

This forum member here has responsibility for hexanon fever. Just curious, I grabbed one. And I must agree with Ian and Attila.
First impression;
Sharp lens. from closest distance to infinity.contrasty. it has some CA specially wideopen.

Here's my samples

wideopen

f8

wideopen closest distance

cropped

Thanks for watching Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that last one was a macro until I read the caption.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples Very Happy

Please don't blame me for the Hexanon fever.
I am just a follower. Some time, I really wish I had collect the Hexanons far earlier Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens, last crop impressive at wide open!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and the "EE" is supposed to be better Neutral.... it would be interesting for a comparison between AE and EE with crops.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys..
David wrote:
I thought that last one was a macro until I read the caption.

& poilu...
I was surprised for this crop too, this one is more than I expected. considering it's on wideopen at closest range

hoanpham.. Haha.. blame is too harsh for me, but yes maybe it's right, but we enjoy it.
earlier? I wish I bought any good lenses earlier with bargain price LOL

Excalibur..I will excited for comparison AE & EE. The only flaws of mine ; CA wideopen and less sharp on edges. if EE one better in these two I will agree. if No.. I think it's just copy variation
1 more, it's a cropped one to see detail

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldest Japanese manufacturer and made expensive lenses at past, we are in lucky years now. Great samples, hopefully you will Hexanon addict like me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Oldest Japanese manufacturer and made expensive lenses at past, we are in lucky years now. Great samples, hopefully you will Hexanon addict like me.

O yeah, I like this lens a lot. But.. My opinion regarding best 28mm is not change yet. It still Schneider Curtagon 28/4. I made short comparison of both in my blog HERE

another wide open shot which I like of this lens. It was windy anyway, maybe not best sample.

and the cropped one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice crop, impressive sharpness at f3.5.

IAZA wrote:
My opinion regarding best 28mm is not change yet. It still Schneider Curtagon 28/4. I made short comparison of both in my blog

You compare only two lenses?
These I found very good of 'slow 28' are pentax K 28/3.5, nikkor 28/3.5 and perhaps OM 28/3.5 for BW.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm volunteers for a shoot-out of 28mms Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Nice crop, impressive sharpness at f3.5.

IAZA wrote:
My opinion regarding best 28mm is not change yet. It still Schneider Curtagon 28/4. I made short comparison of both in my blog

You compare only two lenses?
These I found very good of 'slow 28' are pentax K 28/3.5, nikkor 28/3.5 and perhaps OM 28/3.5 for BW.

Other 28mm I 've tried are:
    Leitz Elmarit 28/2,8
    Enna Munchen 28/3,5
    Vivitar/kiron 28/2,5
    Tamron adaptall2 28/2,5
    Pentax SMC 28/3,5

There's Meyer lydith 30/3,5 and CZpentacon made 29/2,8 I had too.
I tried my friend's Nikon 28/2,8, its a good lens too, but not beat Curtagon. Hey It's just my opinion Very Happy LOL
The only left is Curtagon and Tamron Very Happy
It just short comparison, I only have short time too.

Excalibur...That will be nice shoot out Wink

There's a parade in near my office few minutes ago. good chance to test this lens
But they moved too fast for manual lens user Sad .... only few in focus this time

this one was cropped

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Thanks to bring me there Very Happy