Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 135mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Super Takumar 135mm 3.5 Reply with quote

Ran into legendary photographer the other day while testing out my Super Tak. Got it off ebay for 20 bucks. His advise to my friend was dont hesitate take the shot and his advice to me was to charge people on the street for my pics with a little portable printer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a scanned photo or yours taken by the takumar?
It's a bit misfocused. Nice portrait.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely a misfocus. This one seems to be on point..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like seeing your street scenes as they give me a glimpse to another part of the world.I also like the pros advice ...straight to the point.. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like seeing your street scenes as they give me a glimpse to another part of the world.I also like the pros advice ...straight to the point.. Cool

well in that case...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. Me too, I like your street shots.

I dont have this lens (super tak version), but I have takumar s-m-c and smc versions and both K and M versions of it.
As far I know, all deliver very sharp. Your images still look unfocused to my eyes.

Are you using the canon with it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results I'm seeing are similar to my super tak 135mm f3.5 on film in that it gives more chance of pop but is never razor sharp (just sharp).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
The results I'm seeing are similar to my super tak 135mm f3.5 on film in that it gives more chance of pop but is never razor sharp (just sharp).

At f5.6 should be very sharp. A 135mm at f5.6 still delivers nice bokeh, may be not high light dots, but that's a compromise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

At f5.6 should be very sharp. A 135mm at f5.6 still delivers nice bokeh, may be not high light dots, but that's a compromise.

I've had it for 40 years maybe it's worn out Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I appreciate it!...that building shot is amazing,I don't have this lens so I can't comment on how it performs..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
I've had it for 40 years maybe it's worn out Wink

True too. I had some of my old glass cleaned, even not visible dust, but it came back totally different.

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks,I appreciate it!...that building shot is amazing,I don't have this lens so I can't comment on how it performs..
that building is the new world trade center. still going up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series, especially like the last one!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Tak 135 3.5, it's a lens I can pick up safe in the knowledge that it's a better lens than it should be, it's the common 135 that people bought as their first telephoto lens back in the day. They must have sold many thousands worldwide. I guess because it was a damn good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I like my Tak 135 3.5, it's a lens I can pick up safe in the knowledge that it's a better lens than it should be, it's the common 135 that people bought as their first telephoto lens back in the day. They must have sold many thousands worldwide. I guess because it was a damn good lens.

+1

I also like it, and despite having at least two 135s that are better, I still take it out for a walk every now and then.
It's sharp well above average, IMHO, and the build quality is top notch (like all the takumars I own).
It was my first old lens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Super Tak Reply with quote

The images have that nice feel to them and it is always great to see images from other parts of the world. Had you been using this lens n a Pentax DSLR, I would have recommended 'Catch-In' Focus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a smc tak 135/3.5 as well as a smc tak 135/2.5 version 2 and both are excellent lenses. The f2.5
version is superb actually.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Excellent series, especially like the last one!

+1, and the first one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

Among the very best 135/3.5 MF lenses imho, but not razor sharp like S-M-C 135/2.5 II.

Two versions of this lens, with different optics. 5/4 version 1 lens serial numbers begin with 1, the rest are 4/4 version 2. I like version 1 better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Nice shots. Me too, I like your street shots.

I dont have this lens (super tak version), but I have takumar s-m-c and smc versions and both K and M versions of it.
As far I know, all deliver very sharp. Your images still look unfocused to my eyes.

Are you using the canon with it?

FWIW, I believe the K vs M versions of the 135/3.5 were different optical formula.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i shot all those wide open. tomorrow ill try 5.6. These were all shot with my canon 60d