Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sankyo Kohki w komura 2.5/35 pre set
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Sankyo Kohki w komura 2.5/35 pre set Reply with quote

I have an almost pristine copy of this lens (including original caps, original komura leather case and hood), about which I'm finding really little on the web.
It looks similar to the one in this listing: Click here to see on Ebay , except that mine is in m42 mount and in all black finish (no silver rings).
It's almost perfect, both cosmetically and optically, except that the focus is quite stiff: I mean, it's usable, but stiff enough to unscrew from m42 adapter if I don't apply force carefully.
Anyway, my question is: does anyone know how to get to the focusing helicoid, so I can clean and re-lube it?
I can easily remove the whole optical group, but I can't figure out how to disassemble the barrel after that: I can see no screws.

Another question: I see some, mostly in exakta mount, listed for more thant $200.
Is it a plausible price for it?
if so, I would try to sell mine, i mean, i like it, it has good character and a beautiful solid feel, but I rarely use it, and I got it for little money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komuras have a collectors following.
Not all Komura lenses, just some of them. Some are quite cheap probably because they are rather common.

Komura seems to have made few of the wide angles, as they are fairly uncommon in the market. What I have heard of them indicates they are at least decent lenses, no idea if they are sufficiently wonderful to justify such prices. I rather doubt it.

I have had stiff Komuras. Something that works for me, a quick fix but don't expect it to be permanent - extend the lens to its minimum focus and drip a little lighter fluid (naptha) with an eye dropper or syringe into the gap at the rear between the outer and inner tubes (there is direct access to the helical on my preset Komuras). Then work the focus to get the liquid absorbed in the helical. This can soften up the old grease for a while.

Do not get the liquid on the rear elements or the aperture mechanism. Use just a couple of drops.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try, thanks.