Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RE Auto Topcor 2.5cm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: RE Auto Topcor 2.5cm 3.5 Reply with quote

My M42 conversion mount arrived from Tiawan. Duly fitted and been waiting on any kind of break in the heavy cloud cover we seem to have had for weeks.

Some quick shots from yesterdays brief lull.

It close focuses to 6.5 inches from sensor! Is also sharp wide open. The 58mm 1.4 needs a clean as it has fungus and light oil on the blades so no conversion yet and the 58mm 3.5 macro has some slight fungus also so may get both of them professionally done since I picked them up so cheaply. Hope to use it more in the coming weeks, it`s a keeper. I will look for the 35mm 2.8 when I have the funds, am now at the selling stage but not for these guys.

The Lens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am envious. I would love to have tis lens, but regretfully has been way out of my price range. Very nice indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificant shoots!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to see more shots from your Topcors which are nice btw.
I only have a RE 58/1.8, RE 58/1.4, & an R 135/3.5 preset, the 1.8 and the 135 are crazy sharp, and I'm looking for more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about the sharpness, but the lenses also have a "pop" to them that one usually associated with Zeiss

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Agree about the sharpness, but the lenses also have a "pop" to them that one usually associated with Zeiss

patrickh

True, the 1.8/58 has lots of pop, the 3.5/135 and 5.6/200 have plenty too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila.

It was indeed a windfall looking at these results. The downside is it makes me want to sell lots of my lens and buy only Topcors if they all produce these kinds of results!

I am even wary of getting them cleaned as I`m not sure where to send them up here.

There`s more than a few of these for sale in the U.S ebay Woodrim but you are right the cost is prohibitive.

I will post more when I get the chance to take it out again. The close focusing is fun though I`m in danger of bumping the front element on something!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one reason why I only have 3 Topcors - I haven't been able to find the others at prices I can afford, but eventually I will collect more, so I understand why you feel like selling off things to but more Topcors.