Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD lenses? Reply with quote

do you know on which dSLR bodies Minolta MD lenses can be used?

in particular, can they be used on Pentax dSLRs, are there adapterts available?

thank you,
kuuan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe use without modification possible on Olympus E-1.On other Olympus need modify the lens.I don't think so they are usable on Pentax.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD lens compatible only with E-system 4/3 !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony's dSLR would be able to use Minolta lens as well. Pentax's dSLR, even with modification, will not have infinity focus. Cross-brand adapter for Pentax system is non-existence, probably due to the K-mount size and Pentax's registration distance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for the answers.

being able to use Minolta lenses could be a very big advantage as they are the cheapest and certainly there must be real good ones.

I don't have any dSLR yet but still feel a bit distracted by the 4/3 system because I take many photos at wide focal range and playing with shallow DOF being one of the reasons why I am going dSLR.
Sony? Their recent models look nice, should check them out ( but I had a Pentax K100D for a trial over this last weekend and it's performance was very satisfactory )

@VGR: the 50mm/1,4 in your photo is exactly the same and only MD lens that I am having and would love to use. How do you like it?
( and yesterday I had visited a friend who just had inherited a full analog Minolta set with a variety of MD lenses and I had promised him to find out which dSLR he could use them on )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would use wide variety of manual focus lenses take Canon or Olympus , all other camera has limited choice from mf lenses.