Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Isolette lll + XP2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Agfa Isolette lll + XP2 Reply with quote

First test pics with Ilford XP2 film. Really don't know if I like it or not, but anyway gives somehow intresting results for this kind architectural pics.

Epson V600 and some cropping and small s-curves for some.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and last ones are my favorites. Considering the small DOF of medium format I think your results are very good, you should like it. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First is my fav.! Looks like an eye!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab eyeballs with the Agfa. Nice work!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eye catching lines, curves and angles. Good shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Yes that bublic librarys shady staircase had so eye catching lines that I took there handheld the whole roll with that film I was then testing. I think that film is exellent for that kind pics, but for other uses (portraits ect) I'll rather choose some other than this, but for this kinds it's results are quite interesting. ..and of course I should had tested that film also with some other subjects before saying anything..Confused ..have to try something else with it at some other day..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good series . Do you remember the settings ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Very good series . Do you remember the settings ?

Sorry, didn't put down the exact values Confused but that staircase space was quite small low light place. Looking the pics DOF I think that 2 first were F8 and 1/30 or 1/50. For those others I tried to push more light and those have probably been F4.5 or F5.5 and 1/30 or even slower. Something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great staircase for these sort of shots, very graphic and appealing. I especially like the first image. I didn't get on so well with Ilford XP2 Plus as I have with Kodak BW400CN but that, of course, may be as much the lab I use as anything else. I find the chromogenic films great for architecture and things with contrast, but I prefer a more traditional BW film for pictures with people.

Great stuff.

K.