Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Microphen and HC-110 questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Microphen and HC-110 questions Reply with quote

Hi all,

Have some questions for the crew:

- How long can I stock Microphen in stock solution, I mean powder diluted as stock
- How long for HC-110 after the plastic bottle is opened
- Where can I find X-tol developer to buy,

Thanks,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep 32 oz and 16oz (roughly 1L and 500ml) amber glass bottles with tight sealing lids on hand for developer mixed from powder stock. The caps have a plastic cone for a good seal. I fill the bottles completely full. The goal is to eliminate oxidation.

For any developer as I use stock, I make up the volume in the bottle with clean glass beads so it stays full and refrigerate the partially used bottle.

I put a 6 month limit on developer storage. Pushing the limit a week or two while waiting delivery seems ok. I have rolled short (6 exposure) 35mm rolls to test old chemicals.

Right now I am using LegacyPro L110R (same as HC 110) and XTOL. Both purchased mail order from Freestyle.
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Phil, thanks!

Well, a dark bottle I use it already, the six month stock limit is a good advice, i'll take it.
Freestyle has a lot of film stuff and I like that store but they sucks: they don't freight overseas - at least for the first buy - and they don't accept PayPal, go figure,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try Adorama or B&H. Or buy the bulk chemicals and mix your own.

Have you tried EBAY?

Worst case, PM me, I will mail it to you at my cost. I do take Paypal Laughing

Edit: I will be on a road trip for a couple of weeks.

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Great, thanks, I'll take a look for X-tol at ebay and send you a PM if i don't find a seller who ship it to me here.
You're a gentleman, I had received already your private message,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HC-110 after the plastic bottle is opened? watch the color

it starts straw-colored, if it gets to orange it might want a time increase, but darker than orange? fling it, bin it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a lot of HC110, and have a bottle that was opened, and stored in the dark for over 7 years. I found it, and tried it. Worked just fine. To make sure, load up a bulk roll of HP5, maybe 10 frames, expose it at 400, develop it for 12 minutes at 1:63 - this is the usual dilution and time I use on HP5, and you can judge your developer by the results.

I've found the HC110 syrup, like Rodinal, lasts a long, long time.

However, I'm NOT advising you trust an important roll of film to old, untested syrup! Laughing

PS - I keep my HC110 in dark storage. As I'm a bit sloppy, I don't put it in a dark glass bottle, but I should! You can always tell us sloppy and lazy guys - we use high dilutions of Rodie and HC110 so we don't have to time things precisely, and often stand develop so everybody things we're knowledgeable. Works for me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally bought HC-110 at Freestyle and some small bottles of dark glass - 100, 250cc. Filled all the small bottles with sirup and stored all that in a box, light tight.
Perfect.

Renato