Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which Adapter to come next?!?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Which Adapter to come next?!? Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I own a Nikon and a Minolta MD adapter for my Samsung NX.

I sold my M42 and C/Y Adapters.

Now, I want to get a third adapter and I'm torn between M39, Canon FD and Olympus OM.

Which system gives my the best and smallest lenses?

Which system can give my lenses which best my Minolta lenses?

Nikon glas is mainly to heavy and to big for my taste on the Samsung NX, whereas my Minolta lens fit nicely!

I know that Olympus OM is small but expensive, just as M39 but I don't know how big Canon FD is in practice compared to the others!

I want to get a smaller 85mm than my Nikkor-H, a good 135mm and a fast 200mm, as well as a wide angle in the 20mm range. And I want to have consent aperture zooms to replace my Adaptall 35-80 (non SP) and 46A 70-210.

Please help me out!

Cheers,

Karhallarn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FD lenses are large and heavy, like the Nikkors.

OM lenses are small and the common ones like the 1.8/50, 3.5/28 and 3.5/135 are very cheap.

You won't find lenses better than your Minoltas without spending a lot of money. The W-Rokkor-SG 3.5/28 and Rokkor-PF 1.7/50 I have are as good as anything else in those focal lengths that I've tried and for the price they cost, there are no bigger bargains imho.

However, for the 85 and 135 focal lengths, you can't get better price vs performance than M39 Jupiter-9 2/85 and Jupiter-11 4/135, both are copies of the CZJ Sonnars of the same specs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have try a lot of adapters on the Nex 5 and now jumping on Samsung NX (because I like the color more for NX)
Of the Japan brands, I like the Canon FD the least. I had a lot of Minolta lens and I mean a lot but I sold most of it once I had a taste of old German optics, they are more expensive however. I had a few Pentax PK lens and like it a bit better than the Minolta, but the Minolta are indeed value for the money.
If u have a bit more budget, you can try the Rollei QBM line of lens. I think it has one of the most complete list of prime lens from various brand maker. With QBM mount, you get Japan make Rolleinar MC (sometime available as Voigtlander AR) , Carl Zeiss (some have Singapore version like Rollei Planar 50/1.8 that also have a HFT coating version), and my personal favorite Schneider lens.
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rolleiflex_SL35_lenses