Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO Westromat 35mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: ISCO Westromat 35mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Lately, I've been using this lens as my daytime NEX normal. MFD on this lens is 30cm, but it's quite easy to take out infinity/MFD stop, after which the lens will focus to about 25cm, which makes it into mini Flektogon. The magnification is about 1:4. #4,5,6 are wide open, #4 is 100% crop.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it could benefit from a hood, if you aren't already using one. Boke' looks neat, not soft or harsh, but in between.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point on the hood. I wasn't using hood, but the lens definitely has problems with the sun in front of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The close up shots look ok, but I wouldn't be happy with the infinity shots (or it could just be the way they look on here).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, you should click on the picture to see it in better quality (even better to do it twice). Firefox (and probably some other browsers) resize the shots, I haven't figured out a way to upload so that does not happen. To me the infinity shots look fine when clicked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite average to me, images are quite flat looking, lacking punch. Maybe a hood would help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little pp (darkening make it lot better)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
little pp (darkening make it lot better)

I do not completely agree. Sure, it's easy to make them punchier that way, but do all images have to be punchy? To me the main draw in these landscapes is serenity, IMHO smooth and natural rendering is better suited for that. Of course it's all debatable, looks like people agree with you more than with me Smile.