Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosinon, Carenar, Petri, Rikenon 2.8/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Cosinon, Carenar, Petri, Rikenon 2.8/55 Reply with quote

I won another Petri lens on ebay. This time a little less unusual, the 2.8 55mm. A little research seems to indicate that Cosina made this lens and they were sold under a variety of brands, including all of those in the title.

Carenar 55mm f/2.8 by pqhf5kd, on Flickr

Ricoh singlexTLS M42 rikenon 55 f 2,8 by memotron, on Flickr

The Rikenon version actually manages to look a little less cheesey than the rest. So my question is has anybody used this lens? Does anybody know what formula it is? Tessar? Triplet? I should have mine in the mail either this afternoon or on monday.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it in today's mail.

Looks like a triplet. Front cell focusing. I suppose it could be a tessar, but I'd assume they provide a normal helical if it was.
Has the same trouble with the aperture as the other petri lens I have. It won't stop down all the way. Even the Zenit I have that can work the other Petri lens won't stop down this one. The aperture pin is really short. I wonder if this was a Petri thing, or if all of these lenses have this fault.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get this issue worked out? I have this lens the Auto Rikenon 2.8/55.I have not used it a lot so I can not really say about image quality.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I sold it on in a lot of camera junk. Kept the 45mm though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I would keep the 45 as well ! I will have to drag this 2.8/55 lens out and test it...now your thread has prompted me to have a look at it again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens. I was unimpressed, the rendering is ok, if a little flat and it has reasonable contrast. Colour rendering is ok, nothing amazing and it has what I like to call "angry" bokeh.

-Ben

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this it has a three group/4 element design. Could be a japanese Tessar. Shame about the long CFD (3 ft)

https://lens-db.com/ricoh-auto-rikenon-55mm-f28/