Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silecroft just before sunset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Silecroft just before sunset Reply with quote

Shot some panos yesterday in the brief 2hr window where it stopped raining before sunset.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Fresh air after the rain Smile
Tripod? Lens and number of shots?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All on a tripod. First and third with Konica Zoom-Hexanon 3.5-4.5/35-70, second with Konica Zoom-Hexanon 4/65-135.

First one is only 7 shots I think, second is about 12, third about 20, I forget exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to pickup favorite , all are excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more please Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 has great atmospher with those strong clouds. I like a lot the second one too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2. #1 looks like HDR and I like natural looks HDR.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent stiches, Ian !

you had perfect lights with all the shots.
#2 is my fave: very silent atmosphere!

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine Ian

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, glad you like them.

1 and 2 are HDR, last one isn't.

I had a hard time tone mapping the first one, the light was changing fast so I think that's part of why, hence it looks a bit unnatural, but I went for a dramatic look, the mountain (well, big hill, it's 1975ft, so 25ft short of a mountain) is called Black Combe so I wanted to give it a dark forboding look to fit the name.

#2 is actually less natural looking, it was quite dark but I lightened it as I wanted a misty, serene look a bit like a painting so I didn't worry too much about a natural look.

This pic was shot at the same time, shows you how dark it was and I think explains why I use HDR often - I often have less than ideal light and weather to work with. It was very windy too, making it cold.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I can highly recommend the Zoom-Hexanon 4/65-135, very sharp lens, one of the better zooms I've tried, better than the 4/70-150 that replaced it or the Kiron 4/70-150 (seen as Kiron, Panagor, Yashica ML, Vivitar, Nikon E and others) so if you see one, it's worth having, at the 135mm end it compares favourably to a 135 prime.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most times I don't like the results of HDR, but your #1 here, with its dramatic late llight effect, is really nice for me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Smile