Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PRAKTINA to EOS conversion. Help please .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: PRAKTINA to EOS conversion. Help please . Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have been on this forum for a long time but this is my first thread.

I am photography / bokeh fanatic and collect rare MF lenses.
One of those I bought few days ago . It is Meyer Optik Trioplan 100 2.8 V aluminium version with 15 blade iris.
The problem is that it is in Praktina mount... rare mount different to Praktica or anything else. I would like to know is there an adapter I can buy for Canon EOS digital camera , or if there is not what would you do in my place . Lens itself has 50mm register distance (read that somewhere) and one guy made an adapter from M42 adapter and something but he wont reply my emails. Sad

So far I converted/own Rokkor 58 1.2
Helios 40-2
CZJ Flek 35 2.4

Any help with this Praktina-Eos conversion would be appreciated.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

I've never heard of a praktina mount I'm afraid, but this would be the place to find information about it. 50mm is certainly enough to make an adapter for eos, tho I doubt they make pre-made ones for such a rare mount. A quick ebay search came up blank atleast.

Good luck in your search!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile I know this is the right place .

Well for info here is how the mount looks :

mount is held in by three screws and can be cut or lifted off and replaced

And this is the forum where this guy managed to build an adapter but didnt explain well, so clarification would be helpful .

http://forum.manualfocus.org//viewtopic.php?id=9596&p=2

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to find a Praktina close -focus or extension tube. Cut that down so that it's approx 6mm long. Glue or fix the stub of that into an M42 (lens) to EOS (camera) adapter.
Simple, really.
Good luck finding an extension tube, I've a feeling they'll be like hens' teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found one on the market Smile ...so could you elaborate a bit more on what to do ?

Cut macro tube part to be 6mm measured from the very top of mount ?
Make holes to screw or glue this to m42-eos adapter
and that is it ?

Smile
Cheers
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STELYA wrote:
I just found one on the market Smile ...so could you elaborate a bit more on what to do ?

Cut macro tube part to be 6mm measured from the very top of mount ?
Make holes to screw or glue this to m42-eos adapter
and that is it ?

Smile
Cheers
Mark

I don't know - you know as much about it as me. Give it a go; you have the essential bit and all you're doing is cutting down the extension tube, not the lens, so no great loss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got this one for 30 euro...I was lucky, so dont care about cutting anything Smile

Thanks man.
cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not cut it yourself with a saw. It won't be a straight cut. Ever.
Find somebody with a lathe and tell him to cut and assemble both in that way that the final measurement to have 6mm.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably it is good for later readers: It is possible to adapt this lens to Canon EOS, see my postings there:
http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-optik-trioplan-100-2-8-praktina-mount-how-to-convert-t52363.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STELYA wrote:
got this one for 30 euro...I was lucky, so dont care about cutting anything Smile

Thanks man.
cheers

This is nasty behavior to ruin a rare lens just because you get it cheap, not right to do , think about it. These lenses are part of out heritage we all must care about how can we reserve them to our kids. This forum was born to care about them and not to ruin them. I don't want to see again here similar sound , other ways you quickly found your self out of forum , take as official warning. Sound may not polite, but I not found to funny lens butchering. I say again best to not harm , change modify a rare piece like this. You got tip many, buy an adaper, take a mount from Praktina camera etc. All not harm lens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said anything about butchering ? I want to adapt it to EOS , so cutting a piece of metal and putting another in... Sorry but heritage is better preserved when adapted because for example this praktina lens no one has used for years...

But thank you 4 your oppinion.

I thought Hungarians dont speak english, or so they say Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STELYA wrote:
Who said anything about butchering ? I want to adapt it to EOS , so cutting a piece of metal and putting another in... Sorry but heritage is better preserved when adapted because for example this praktina lens no one has used for years...

But thank you 4 your oppinion.

I thought Hungarians dont speak english, or so they say Wink

Last sentence Hungarians don't speak English , do you think is it funny ? valuable old pieces serve well in genuine stage not in usage , nobody cut an antique table legs because too high and serve better shorter. Join to another forum , you have no place here any more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, we were discussing cutting an adapter or extension piece, not the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
got this one for 30 euro...I was lucky, so dont care about cutting anything