Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is Praktina moount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: What is Praktina moount? Reply with quote

I want to buy a lens I have seen, but it says "Praktina mount". What is that? Can it be adapted?

Many thanks,
Graham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google - ever heard of?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.praktina.com/h04_main.htm
http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Praktina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount#List_of_lens_mounts (50mm registerd dist.)
http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Praktina_lenses

I don't know if it can be adapted but you could try to find&buy a Praktina camera for it Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Praktina moount? Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I want to buy a lens I have seen, but it says "Praktina mount". What is that? Can it be adapted?

Many thanks,
Graham

Graham - have you seen http://www.praktina.com/ ?

The lenses use a unique breech-lock system, something like the Canon and Petri models - I can't recall whether the locking ring is on the lens or by the body.

Register is 50mm which probably means adaptation is possible, but it seems a shame to think about any work which would butcher the lens.

The FX and IIa models were sold off dirt-cheap here in the early 1960s and I was mega-miffed not having any spare cash to get one. No credit cards back then, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Yet again my ISP has fucked everything up so I can't get to google (I need to change).

Shame there's no chance of conversion easily. I may just try to win the lenses and seek out a body to go with them Cool

You can't have too many cameras Confused

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Praktina Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Thanks very much. Yet again my ISP has fucked everything up so I can't get to google (I need to change).

Shame there's no chance of conversion easily. I may just try to win the lenses and seek out a body to go with them Cool

You can't have too many cameras Confused

Graham - sorry your ISP has had carnal knowledge of the World Wide Web, but don't waste your time and money on these junky old Praktinas ... let me get there first !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]Google - ever heard of?

Hey Klaus - if everyone Googled First and Asked Questions afterwards, this forum would be so much less interesting! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scsambrook"]
kds315* wrote:
Google - ever heard of?

Hey Klaus - if everyone Googled First and Asked Questions afterwards, this forum would be so much less interesting! Very Happy

..especially if they used that nice well educated language you mean, or shall I say "primitive" to spice up that board a bit more...?

I've seen quite a few forums going down the drain if that starts taking root.... Sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up with one by accident. It is a smaller 35mm version of the Pentacon Six mount and - unfortunately - there seems to be no adapter available to fit it to anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm no adapter available for this mount.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help Very Happy

Looks like I will just have to race Stephen to the nice Praktina bodies on Fleabay Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: What is Praktina moount? Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:

Many thanks,
Graham

where did you see these lenses?
And ... is it worth getting an expensive adapter?
i could make some adapters ... i got a Praktina mount lens from my German friend Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: What is Praktina moount? Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:

Many thanks,
Graham

i could make some adapters ... i got a Praktina mount lens from my German friend Wink

It was in a charity shop locally. I don't think it's worth making expensive adaptor, as most of the lenses with Praktina mount can probably be be found easily in M42 also.

It was only a 135/4 Tri(something) anyway. I might buy it just in case I find a good Praktina body Cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trisomethings are very good lenses. I have two of them, but I didn't use them, because they waits for my serviceman - stiff focusing. Anyway, the lens lacks CA and images taken by the lens looks very realistically.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex - I'm sure if you made some, either to M42 or EOS, you would find a small market for them. The Praktina lenses seem to be cheap because they don't fit anything else. If the price wasn't too high, I would get one to try out my primotar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: What is Praktina moount? Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
GrahamNR17 wrote:

Many thanks,
Graham

I am interested if anyone is making these adapters

Cheers