Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 80-400 1:4,5-5,6 APO OS D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Sigma 80-400 1:4,5-5,6 APO OS D Reply with quote

Few days ago I bought at my dear dealer a used Sigma 80-400 1:4,5-5,6 APO OS D with Nikon mount. Although I own so many lenses for Nikon I don't have any AF lens in this range. I could close this gap now so that I can go with my son again to our airport for airplane spotting. Sometimes my 300 prime lens was too long or short and the other photographers with their Bigmas had much more fun.

Below few samples with this lens and D800

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me, nice contrast and of course great framing.

I always understood this to be inferior to the 120-400mm version, would be interested to see a direct comparison as obviously the 80-400mm has a nicer range. Could you please visit your dear dealer and grab a 120-400mm version as well? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Graham. Don't know too much from Sigma but I will ask my friendly dealer Laughing Laughing Laughing
I bought this lens because it was available, looks like new and had a good price with 1 year warranty.

Below few samples from our local canal with D700 instead of D800.

Wink