Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor PF 1.8/55. Minolta X300S, Agfa Vista 200.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Rokkor PF 1.8/55. Minolta X300S, Agfa Vista 200. Reply with quote

The weather was quite gloomy, apart from the sun appearing, weakly for a moment. All either f8 or f5.6

Derwent Water, St Herberts Island on a typical Lakeland Day by skida, on Flickr

Sheep, Boats, Lake by skida, on Flickr

Catbells in the gloom by skida, on Flickr

St Herberts Island, gloomy by skida, on Flickr

I am quite happy with the lens, which, together with an Optomax 6.3/400, cost me £8 at a car boot sale. I guess the PF lenses don't send aperture info to the camera's meter as the reading was flickering up and down through the shutter speeds, so all exposures by sunny 16 calculation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens is one of the sharpesr normals in sr mount.

Nice objects. Although some highlights should be a bit overexposed, the sharpness and contrast are there.

Rino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MC Rokkor-PF 55mm f/1.7 and its a awesome lens at all apertures!
And the build quality and feel is also as good as it gets.

http://blog.bkspicture.com/review-Minolta_SR-Minolta_MC_Rokkor-PF_55mm_f1.7.html

Nice pictures Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Very nice pics taken with this lens.
Rino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rokkor PF 1.8/55. Minolta X300S, Agfa Vista 200. Reply with quote

Great place for landscapes, I wish I could get there more easily. Your lovely pics remind me of Arthur Ransome's books. Shame the exposures were a little too long, but it must be really difficult to judge S16 in that light. Better than under-exposed though. In our climate I tend to use 11 as the rule, rather than 16, but it's a lottery in that light, so really well done.

skida wrote:
I guess the PF lenses don't send aperture info to the camera's meter as the reading was flickering up and down through the shutter speeds, so all exposures by sunny 16 calculation.

Your lens must be the old Auto Rokkor version - meter coupling came in later with the MC Rokkors. PF is the formula for the optic design - 6 elements in 5 groups in this case. http://minolta.rokkor.de/lensdesignations.htm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments folks, and especially the extra information Peter. I think I need to try subjects closer to the lens now - watch this space!