Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss aus Jena 135mm/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss aus Jena 135mm/3.5 Reply with quote

I hope this is the right section for posting a set of random images. Smile

The following were all made with my CZJ 135mm/3.5 Sonnar. It's the old "zebra" variant, at the front there's no name, it says just "aus Jena". It was made sometime in the late 60's judging by the serial number. My copy is a little rough around the edges, which is mostly due to my amateur attempts at trying to repair what needs no repairing (actually it did benefit some from a good cleaning and relubing) but works very smoothly and optics are clean.

I put my lenses roughly in two categories: short and long. Everything up to and including around 50mm is short in my mind, everything above 100mm is long (I actually don't have any lens between). This 135 is my favourite "long" lens. It's sharp enough wide open, doesn't have too much CA if you know how to avoid it and the focus ring makes almost a full turn so you can focus really accurately. It's not good for shooting things that move though. You can get very good background separation (great for portraits) and with a close-up lens it's also useful for macro work.

There's no story behind these photos. They're just some real world samples shot during several outings over a period of about a year or so. Most are wide open or stopped down just one click (f/5.6) except for the macro shots. These are at around f/11 and with a close-up lens. There's no special postprocessing for the most part, just basic exposure and colour adjustments, noise reduction and output sharpening. Some are cropped a little.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb , crystal clear images! I love all of them! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! superb quality pics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fifth shot really stands out. Great results for a very quick moving target

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

@mmelvis: Shooting racecars on a cirtcuit is easy. You prefocus, then follow and click at the right moment. And if you miss, you'll have another chance in a minute or two. And then 50 or 60 more after that. Smile