Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Tele Rokkor 200mm/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor 200mm/3.5 Reply with quote

Since I bought a Minolta SRT-303 camera I've been slowly building a collection of Minolta SR mount lenses which I also use on my NEX-5 with an adapter. The one I use least is the Minolta MC Tele Rokkor 200mm/3.5. It's a beautiful lens and my copy especially is super clean and smooth, basically it's like new.

Would be a joy to use if it wasn't so big and heavy. I find it very hard to get a sharp photo at any aperture, not just wide open. Might be that the lens is simply a little soft, but I think it's just my bad technique. You really need a tripod or at least a monopod for this lens most of the time. And it needs to be strong enough. Mine wasn't and the lens broke it. Surprised

As far as flare goes it's good. It has a built in hood and I had no problems. Colours seem to be neutral, contrast is good. What I don't like about it is the ridiculous MFD - 2.5m! Actually pretty much all Minolta lenses seem to have longer MFD than most other comparable lenses for some reason.

Here's some photos from my first outing with this lens and NEX-5. The first two are at around f/8, the others are wide open. No special postprocessing and mostly no or minimal crop. The long focal length is great to separate the subject from the background.

And then some more macro shots with a close-up lens and macro ring LED light. I haven't done the math, but that's well beyond 1:1 magnification:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely sereis again! You have great eyes to select subjects and make job very well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Lovely sereis again! You have great eyes to select subjects and make job very well.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. Smile I'll stop spamming now for a while. But there's still so many lenses in my closet waiting to be taken out, there's just so little time...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pattern and bugs.
Looks like a good lens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've created some masterpieces with this lens and camera combo!

ESPECIALLY 5, 6, 7, and 10. Wow!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Thanks again. Smile I'll stop spamming now for a while. But there's still so many lenses in my closet waiting to be taken out, there's just so little time...

Don's stop please! You have true tallent!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not look like you have any troubles getting sharp shots Wink Beautiful pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You've created some masterpieces with this lens and camera combo!

ESPECIALLY 5, 6, 7, and 10. Wow!

+1
stunning set !

Cheers
Tobias