Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Morning Road
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Morning Road Reply with quote

From today´s early walk. I had only 24-85/3.5-4.5 AF lens with me. D700 body.

#1, 24 mm, f/5.6, ISO 400

#2, 85mm, f/5.6, ISO 200

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like #2 Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With #1.....I've seen so many similar views when walking myself and it's very difficult to capture what you see on a camera and IMO the picture would probably need something like better shafts of sunshine or maybe a person walking away in the distance as a focal point.

for #2 ...I'm not very artistic, so for me the flare and horizon sloping down is a minus.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 looks a bit oversharpened, and the abberation infested right part doesent add anything to the picture. It's a nice road but it needs something "more", pretty light or something to pull your focus in. Go back at sunset with gandalf and shoot again!

#2 would possibly benefit from cropping the top off, alternatively rotating it so the horizon is straight. Unsure what effect that would have on the stalk tho. Would probably forgive it some for the downward slanted perspective. That said, I do like the flare at the top, so it's a tricky picture

Both are nice shots tho, I don't mean to be that harsh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way the sunlight falls in both shots but in the first picture I would crop out the half-seen roof on the right and make the composition off-centre. In the second shot the sharp ears of wheat look great against the blurred background but I think I would prefer about 2 stops smaller aperture so that, although blurred, the background wheat would have enough detail to suggest repetition of the natural shape.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comments. Both pics are really snapshots, taken while walking, so I didn´t take enough different versions (my usual mistake).

Yes, I agree, that the composition in #1 is too static, and the pic would be more interesting with somebody on the road. I´ll have to go back one fine morning and also try different angles and a better lens/smaller aperture.

Does this slight crop make it better?

I like the flare in #2, so I didn´t want to crop it out. Theforeground is also a bit confused. Maybe smaller aperture would help.

In this version, the tilting horizon (actually, there´s a slope) is straightened.