Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

High Key Flowers with Angenieux 35-70
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: High Key Flowers with Angenieux 35-70 Reply with quote

I've never really tried a high key image of a flower before. What do you think. Shoot, I'm not easily offended. I'm here to learn Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like high key in B&W , color mostly not works to me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think this image is too simple to work in B&W, I like the subtle colours. Very subjective of course. Thanks for the feedback!

Btw, I see some ugly grey blobs on my iPad (from where I cloned out some stuff) but I can't see them on my main monitor. Does anyone else see them?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Attila wrote:
I think this image is too simple to work in B&W, I like the subtle colours. Very subjective of course. Thanks for the feedback!

Btw, I see some ugly grey blobs on my iPad (from where I cloned out some stuff) but I can't see them on my main monitor. Does anyone else see them?

I see the blobs both on my iPhone and on my laptop.
I like the petals' colors, not much the green part that seem too much degraded by brightness.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a couple of large grey (R=G=B=249) "blobs". One has a faint yellow patch in the centre. There is also a faint yellow patch at the right-hand edge, about a third of the way down from the top.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the basic idea, however the image is far to 'broken up' and segmented, the bottom blue flower has a white stripe across it and the white background has a couple of large smudges where PP has been carried out, would like to see an example not so overdone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually check this link out for some advice http://photo.tutsplus.com/tutorials/shooting/step-by-step-taking-beautiful-high-key-photos-of-flowers/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first step for you should be to calibrate your monitor otherwise you'll always produce photos that will look fine to you but others will see them totally differently. Second thing you should know is that "high-key" is not a synonym for "overexposed". Basically you need a bright (white) background and lots of well diffused light and then set a proper exposure. Wink