Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Velvia 50 (shot at 25)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Velvia 50 (shot at 25) Reply with quote

Either I have a hard time focusing (likely true), or a hard time getting a crisp scan, but here's a couple new shots. I know flowers are kinda boring to experienced shooters, but I still like them. All but the last one are shot through my Vivitar 100mm macro, the last one through my Pentax-M 50mm 1.7. The camera is a Pentax ME Super, and I am convinced that it underexposes. Thanks for looking, any advice/feedback is appreciated. I'm always trying to learn and get better!

had an unexpected visitr so I shifted focus and snapped another:

And this one was from a different outing, near the continental divide on our way to Herman Lake in Colorado:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are actually VERY good images! Looks like you have nailed the focus for the most part. Gotta love
the rendition of the reds and yellows with good old Velvia. Thanks MUCH for showing these.!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially like last one ! Great series indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i enjoy velvia and focus doesnt look bad at all. maybe its the scan you dont lije. have you viewed the negatives on a light table? thatll tell you if its focus or scannning.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to reply sooner, but thanks for the comments everybody! I have to shamefully admit I don't own a loupe to view my slides, but I'm buying one pronto. I have this nice work table from Ikea that has a glass section in the top, and I should be able to easily rig it up with some lighting to create a light table. I'll work on these things this weekend! Thanks again, I will post some more next time I have something worthwhile. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifyouseeitshootit wrote:
I forgot to reply sooner, but thanks for the comments everybody! I have to shamefully admit I don't own a loupe to view my slides, but I'm buying one pronto. I have this nice work table from Ikea that has a glass section in the top, and I should be able to easily rig it up with some lighting to create a light table. I'll work on these things this weekend! Thanks again, I will post some more next time I have something worthwhile. Smile

Yes! A loupe is really a great thing to have! It saves me the time of scanning a transparency, only to see that the focus is off. So, I can
basically reject those right away. Great thought, man.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Attila wrote:

+1

+2 and the others are great to