Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Super Isolette test pix
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Agfa Super Isolette test pix Reply with quote

Yesterday my house was burglarized while I was at work, about $1000 in cash and personal
items plus $300 damage to the door jam and sill plate to the back door--so to take my mind
off of that shit tornado, decided to try the Isolette today. This is using Fomapan 100>160 and
I tried Rodinal stand 1:125, 55 mins, 18C. Will try something else with this film, next time. Wink

and the camera, posted before in another thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, bill! i hate thieves.
anybody but you know you had that much cash at home?
oh yeah, i like the test shots that isolette made. 120 or 620 or what? way cool looking camera ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the break in Bill.

Very nice photos. I recognize those scenes. I've not photographed in Huntsville for a while now. Makes me want to go now!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul and BD, thanks for the commiseration, fellas. Actual cash was only $53, the personal
items are totalling over $1000. I have insurance through my military bank (covers up to $300
cash, you could be dishonest and claim the max) and am covered up to $30,000 in household
items. It's just the runaround, getting copies from the police of the case file for both myself
and the landlord (I want a metal plate door jam this time), and some items will not be easily
replaced.

Klaus, if you're reading this, your box is safe, all items are there, was hiding on a small table
behind the back door, thief missed it, and looks like he was in a hurry. My house looked like
a tornado went through it. He wasn't into photography, or maybe he was and thought my little
bits were beneath him, left them alone. lol Enough of that.

I'm encouraged by this Isolette, will try color film next time, either Reala or Fuji 400H. Got the
camera from Simon (Wintoid) on another forum and he did a topnotch job with the packing as
it had to come across the pond from GB.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the burglary and I was also thinking of you at a boot sale the other week when I played with a Ilford Sporti that worked and they wanted £3 for it, well I didn't buy it as unlike you, I just couldn't own a camera that had "Sporti" showing Laughing

Good start with your shots maybe they could be sharper in later ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, at least you wasn't home and you are in safety, think about this, either if you shoot burglar or burglar hurt you it will be much worst Sad Pictures are really nice , hopefully help to forget this trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats just awful K, so sorry.

did very much enjoy this series.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, shit, Bill, sorry to hear that. I hate and detest thieves.

The way I see it, the sods have just stolen hours or days of my working life, time that involved sweat and pain to pay for the items they stole.
A suitable punishment would be an equitable amount of sweat and pain.

Bastards - lucky there's no guns allowed here, else I'd have likely plugged a couple of bastards this time last year, and then I'd have been in the shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excal, thanks, I'll try to do better, but keep in mind my mistakes are my style,
so don't expect much. Smile

Attila, thanks, in my home state of Idaho it used to be justifiable homicide if intruder is in the
house. In the 70's the cops used to joke that if you shoot the intruder coming through the
window, be sure to pull him on through before they get there. lol

Tony, thanks, hope to have better results next time.

The thief did make off with a couple of my digital point and shoots, but luckily I had the Oly XZ-1
with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Ah, shit, Bill, sorry to hear that. I hate and detest thieves.

The way I see it, the sods have just stolen hours or days of my working life, time that involved sweat and pain to pay for the items they stole.
A suitable punishment would be an equitable amount of sweat and pain.

Bastards - lucky there's no guns allowed here, else I'd have likely plugged a couple of bastards this time last year, and then I'd have been in the shit.

Dave, sorry I missed your post, still in a daze over this, some stuff will definitely be hard to impossible to replace. Turns out it must be
a pro gang doing this as they hit a gated community down the road pretty hard, wondering what their security was doing when this was
going on.

fun times

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's an efficient destruction of a door jamb. Sorry for your losses... Good thing understanding film cameras and being a burglar no longer go together.

I do notice some very fine detail in the Isolette shots... very fine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the results seen from this old camera, especially apt in B&W. Sorry to hear about the scroats doing your house over and I hope you can get your life back to normal ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jussi and Skida, thanks, I'm encouraged by the Solinar lens, and the RF patch is
easy on the eyes, no squinting.

Have to go the police station today to pick up the case file, door won't be repaired for
another 2-3 days.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about the robbery, Bill.
And glad that only were material things but you are safe.
Hope you have some insurance to be able of forgetting the incident really soon.
Regarding the Isolette pics, I like them all very much. They have a kind of vintage look, probably the long developing time and the concentration of the developer... One of these daya I have to try it Smile

Looking forward for more Isolette samples.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

That sucks, sorry to hear about it.

If they're carrying crowbars then they're guaranteed to get inside the house.

I didn't truly inderstand the phrase "locks are for honest people" until the time I helped a buddy move to a rented house. We sat there for 3 hours waiting for the landlord to show up with keys. At last my bud lost his temper and started rummaging for his toolbox. He came back with a crowbar, and we forced that door in about 5 seconds. He bent out the doorframe juuust enough for the deadbolt to clear the frame, and I tugged the door wide open. We left a tiny little scratch on the frame, you'd never notice unless you looked for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the bad news Bill. Sad

Interesting results with this combo. I use Foma and Rodinal @ 1:50 so I was surprised at the difference you seemed to get.

This is my Isolette ii with Apotar lens:

Isolette_Foma100_003 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

Isolette_Foma100_005 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes and Fuzzy, thanks, gents.

Martin, those photos are a thousand percent better than mine! Is this Fomapan 100 souped to 21 minutes?
I was thinking about that dev, dammit. Part of my problem was I had my meter set on 320 to finish the roll
in the Karat IV and when I'd remember, would halve the shutter speed when shooting the Isolette. Clearly,
I remembered only part of the time. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Martin is right, much better results with Rodinal 1:50, 21.5 mins, 20C

Fomapan 100 dev'd for 200, Brownie Hawkeye Flash