Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer 30 3.5 - focus ring problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Meyer 30 3.5 - focus ring problem Reply with quote

Hello! You who has seen this lens before might know this problem. The focus ring was turning heavily so I decided to do the first repair of my own.

I opened it up, cleaned away old oil and added new litium grease as recomended by a lot of people.

We number the parts from the left 1-4.

After the cleaning and assembling part 3 (consists of 2 rings) focus ring moves very nicely. Even when I put part 3 on part 2 it moves smooth. The problem is probably the bolts on part 3 (you can see one on the left side of it sticking out). When I put on part 4 everything gets hard to turn. The part 4 puts pressure on two springs that pushes the bolts in to part number 2.

Is there anything to do about this? The springs are quite hard to fit, but I think I got them in where they should be, tried a couple of times.

As you can see in the picture I've got another 30 and it is much easier to focus, but I'm not opening it as I might get the same issue ^^

Thanks