Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40 Hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Helios 40 Hood Reply with quote

Does anyone knows if there are any hoods for Helios 40 or Helios 40-2? Was there any made for this lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen for Helios-40 and Helios-40-2 too from both lenses I had a few ones most of them came with factory set , case , filters, but no hood.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a factory plastic snap-on hood for them, extremely flimsy and easy to fall off the lens. Avoid it. On the other hand, there are plenty of 67mm screw-in telephoto lens hoods on eBay; most hoods will work for the H40-2 (you can check for vignetting by using "hoodcalc.xls" and entering the hood's front diameter and length). For the original H40 with 66mm threads, you'll probably need a custom-made adapter ring to mount a filter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Helios 40 Hood Reply with quote

i custom make a hood for this gem. kinda effective but......... very very bulky.

sample photo

hood off

hood on

outdoor hood on

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay member ramir73 (US) made 66mm to 67mm step up rings. I bought one of them and added a std 67mm metal hood for 85mm lenses on it.
At the moment he is not offering it, maybe you safe his ID and check from time to time