Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Drill Saw Bit as a lens wrench/spanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Drill Saw Bit as a lens wrench/spanner Reply with quote

Hello
Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/drill-saw-bit
a little tips grinding and removing central guiding produces quite a nice tool.
One can even create his own custom tips.
Macheck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea if you already have one but you can buy a purpose made tool for much the same price.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Philslizzy, thank you for reply.
The ebay link was of illustrative purpose.
Personally, I did buy mine for 18 PLN but nevertheless, the availability is also different not to mention the creativness.
Macheck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macheck wrote:
Hello Philslizzy, thank you for reply.
The ebay link was of illustrative purpose.
Personally, I did buy mine for 18 PLN but nevertheless, the availability is also different not to mention the creativness.
Macheck

I understand that about the link and mine was too.

It is good when we can use something we already have instead of buying a special tool. Your drill thingy was a lot cheaper than the lens tool.

take a look at my ost on another method of opening lenses. http://forum.mflenses.com/blu-tak-wonderful-stuff-t64653.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Good idea if you already have one but you can buy a purpose made tool for much the same price.

But this one says it's for DSLRs, do they have a different one for SLRs? Laughing

Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew678122 wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

But this one says it's for DSLRs, do they have a different one for SLRs? Laughing

Andrew

It's not for SLR's or DSLR's it s for lenses. This one will open almost any lens with a pair of slots or holes.